golden age

redstang423

Chieftain
This thread is branching off another about triggering the golden age, but i think the ideas are different enough to make a new thread.

First, I think a civ should be allowed more than one golden age. everyone can only be really happy once in a civ's lifetime?

Additional triggers should include a certain percentage of cities with We love the King celebrations.

Also, why should the GA always last 20 turns? I can see having a set number of turns for a wonder, but i think if another wonder is completed in that time period, the GA should be extended. Similarly, for a commercial civ, if a GA trigger is producing a certain number of gold per turn, or having a high gold total, the GA should last as long as the gold per turn or tresury is high enough. Also, if in battle, you keep winning with unique units, the GA should continue. If you lose, however, it should end.
Example - somehow the Mayans were left in the dust in terms of techology and their strongest unit is the Javelin Thrower. The Greeks attack a city defended by a JT with a tank, and somehow the JT manages to beat the tank (as we've all annoyingly seen happen in one way or another). This should NOT spark a golden age, or if it does, it should be a very short one as the Civ is in extreme danger of being destroyed.

redstang423 said:
Also, why should the GA always last 20 turns? I can see having a set number of turns for a wonder, but i think if another wonder is completed in that time period, the GA should be extended. Similarly, for a commercial civ, if a GA trigger is producing a certain number of gold per turn, or having a high gold total, the GA should last as long as the gold per turn or tresury is high enough. Also, if in battle, you keep winning with unique units, the GA should continue.

Hey, here is someone who asks to increase the snowball effect...

So, I don't like your idea because it makes the strong even stronger...and a lot of people want the snowball effect to be weakened!

The Golden Age is supposed to mark the zenith of a civs culture, influence and prosperity. A civ can only have one zenith during the course of its existance, thus, only one golden age. However game play dicates that civ will continue to prosper and grow AFTER its golden age. But having multiple Golden Ages would be unbalancing.

Top Bottom