[GS] Good strategy guide for returning player?

ATWindsor

Chieftain
I played a bit of civ6 when it first came out. I just got gathering storm, and things seems to have changed a bit, for instance:

- When i played industrial zones stacked, so it was very good to build cities close and have many zones to affect one city, but zones cost increased a lot with the size of the civ.
- Now there are "golden eras", but they don't seem that useful
- Diplomacy is quite different.
-etc

So is the a good guide i can use? Especially interesting is early game strats and resources, I usually like playing wide more than tall (that is why i liked civ6 more when i got it).

The game is too big for a single guide.
A quick rundown.

IZ's have increased in production as long as they are powered but if you power them with a power station you also get prod from that.
Lumbermills have been buffed and you can also now put them on jungle.
Cavalry cannot use rams... rams and towers become obsolete earlier so you have to upgrade
units now need resources to build and later ones resources to maintain (tank and infantry need an oil for each!)
Walls are double HP
lots of new civs to play, Inca is a good example of a very powerful new one and maori very much fun as they start on the ocean
There is now world congress and you get diplomatic favour from city states and governments you can use for voting or sell it, currently you get a ig band for your buck
Diplomatic victory was terribly bad and is now just meh
Pillaging has become ludicrously powerful, you can pillage some horses in the middle of the game for 400-500 gold with the raid card.
Goddess of the harvest is gone, was too OP
The AI is all fixed and working well, no-one can play above prince
Rock bands are there to speed up CV a lot but also have the ability to flip cities
Loyalty makes cities shift between players
Governors are an added city level bonus with some fairly strong abilities.

There are others ... and one of the above is a lie but I bet you cannot guess which. I suggest some immersion in the gaming waters to get a feel is more fun than formal education on all subjects.

Top Bottom