Goody Islands

Okay, of course.

Attachments

• Goody Island.JPG
    Goody Island.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 753
The picture is from my private mod, just to show what this component does. The mod is not available public, because I would have to translate very much and ask very much modders for use their graphics.

Thank you very much!

Of course it is allowed to edit the code for the model selection for different island models.

Sorry, Kathy :blush: my English is very very bad. I have on mind if you can for me edit code for model selection. ( for example 3 models ) Can you, please, make it for me? ( in pogrammers work I´m neanderthal man ) My bussines are static models.
P.S. I have used your deep sea in my mod. In this are new possibilities ;)

Hi, Kathy!

Could you, please, tell what is the idea of this Goody Islands? This is only a new graphic element or these islands could be used for something else. For instance, the island volcano is active some number of turns and then on this island appears rare BONUS like gold, gems?

Plus a small remark. Something wrong in the Gebaude3_atlas.dds.

but nice idea. maybe a village of huts on piles would be better
Привет, killmeplease! Ты понял в чем тут изюминка? Я в файлах окромя вулкана на острове ничего не вижу. Может с глазами что-то не так?

Sorry, Kathy :blush: my English is very very bad. I have on mind if you can for me edit code for model selection. ( for example 3 models ) Can you, please, make it for me? ( in pogrammers work I´m neanderthal man ) My bussines are static models.
P.S. I have used your deep sea in my mod. In this are new possibilities ;)

@Kathy:
If you add the new file in the featureInfos just as alternative graphic (like the multiple files for forests), that can be done.
The second parameter for setFeatureType (FeatureType eNewValue, INT iVariety) changes the graphics. 0 would be the first, 1 the second, etc.
Just choose a random number before, and put in the number as second parameter.

Привет, killmeplease! Ты понял в чем тут изюминка? Я в файлах окромя вулкана на острове ничего не вижу. Может с глазами что-то не так?
остров функционирует как туземная деревня. т.е. можно получить деньги, технологию, варваров и т.п. только не на суше а на воде. слово "goody" в названии подразумевает это.

остров функционирует как туземная деревня. т.е. можно получить деньги, технологию, варваров и т.п. только не на суше а на воде. слово "goody" в названии подразумевает это.
Thank you, killmeplease, for your comments.

Я подбираю сейчас элементы для своего мода по Колонизации и вулканический остров смотрится очень даже прилично. Но хотелось бы, чтобы на нем было еще что-то, типа того, что я описал выше, а не просто "goody".

Hi, Kathy!

Could you, please, tell what is the idea of this Goody Islands? This is only a new graphic element or these islands could be used for something else. For instance, the island volcano is active some number of turns and then on this island appears rare BONUS like gold, gems?

Because I cannot read what killmeplease wrote, here my explaination:
Goody Islands are just like goody hut, but on sea. If they are within your cultural range or a ship enters them, a random event like in the goody huts (tribal village) appears.

@The_J: Does it work with improvements, too? The Goody-Hut - and also goody island - is an improvement, not a feature.

@hrochland: Sorry for the misunderstanding. I can try, of course, and if it is that easy as The_J wrote, it is a fine idea.

I forgot to ask: What kind of error is it? What does your computer say? Perhaps it is not the .dds, but the artDefineImprovement.xml that is wrong.

The Altlas is okay, as I can see. It is a copy of my Unit-Atlas. To mark all positions I do not use, I use this "X" or painted something withour any sense over it. I am only using the buttons over the line you marked.:)

@The_J: Does it work with improvements, too? The Goody-Hut - and also goody island - is an improvement, not a feature.

:wallbash: i'm an idiot, where did i have my mind?

No, for improvements the PlotLSystem.xml has to be modified :yuck:.
Would be easier to add a second improvement, and then let the algorithm randomly choose one of them.

Top Bottom