1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GOTM-04 Final spoiler - everything else!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by ainwood, Mar 8, 2006.

1. luckynick

luckynick Chieftain

okok after a monstruous bunch of game i was able to almost reproduce at least a part of your walkthrough.
    Differences are i lose a warrior to GH popoing barb, and i finally get a tech (first time ever on emperor) from a goody hut with a war but it was sailing not massonry. So on i managed to get oracle stonhenge, greatprophet to theo and build sixtine and parthenon in bombay too for fun.
    The drawback is i lack land/cities/prod for war. good news is i have 2 holy cities, and my 3 cities (sparta joined of course) have christianity so i am able to switch to theocracy and build barracks for strong troops output.

Anyway in my 1st try i ve just made a classic slingshot to metalcasting then pumping forges/barracks in my cities so i have a strong production to build an army quickly this have enabled me to pick up athens very early (when i hit alphabet)

Drawback is i made several mistakes:

i offered peace after athens while alex was the declarer and didn't get anything (1 turn from alphabet, stupid i was !)

i buildt stonhenge and oracle in 2 differents city (completly noober decision)

i joined the first prophet for hammer and gold

oh, one last thing, don't settle on isa island unless ready to have no state religion, otherwise it's the same as declaring against her

2. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I failed to get a pacifist UN victory. Everyone was pleased and I never fought a war, but in the final vote they all abstained. :(

3. jar2574

jar2574 Prince

The AIs can be a real pain. I think you have to have better relations with them than they have with anyone else. At least that's my current theory.

4. A'AbarachAmadan

A'AbarachAmadan Deity

Wow! :( I almost tried that in that game, but am trying an UN victory in the next one, but already decided not to go for a pacifist one as since it is on an easier level I thought the best way would be to ensure the vote. I definately would have thought it best to do it on the higher levels.

5. CaptainEO

CaptainEO Chieftain

My first playthrough ended in the early BCs after getting in over my head in a war with Alex.

Just for fun I tried it again, and won: Spaceship victory in 1997, ~15K points (Can't submit that of course... I'm just glad to have won on Emperor :)). I conquered both Greece and England by 1000AD and pulled into a strong lead by 1500AD. But I was sloppy about reaching an actual victory condition.

I might have been able to finish sooner and with higher score if I had the patience to carry out a "world war." I was also very close to a Diplomatic Victory, having built the UN in the late 1800s, but was hampered because I couldn't switch religions to match my allies (none of my cities had the religions I needed to convert to).

After reading about others' games, I realized I didn't make nearly enough use of Wonders. I played a pretty straightforward military/tech game.