GOTM 33 Spoiler

first game of month for me . took every city it is 1778ad. is that good? do not know how to post , help

Mangor420 -- Welcome to Cfc.

As far as 1778 goes, stick around & see the posted results later -- the Duke will show how every one did & you can compare accordingly.

As for me, I've just passed the 1750 threshold & haven't taken out anybody yet. I've just discovered flight & am planning on a space ship.

On the other hand, I think I've had about 20 turns in a row with a tech per turn (love those Amerks buying up my Silk -- now at rates of 1.5 to 1.8K for each truck!) and am flirting with a bank balance of 30K. Hmmmm I'm running out of things to buy -- good thing the last two democracies have shifted down to republics. Let's see if there are any cities for sale...:devil2: :mwaha:

Originally posted by grigor
La Fayette,

But the interesting news is that my concert next week is in Prague and I may be able to connect with the elusive SlowThinker.

Somewhat OT but can't help responding to two areas of interest - music and Prague. Are you a classical musician?

And BTW are you the same grigor at Apolyton (as elusive as ST)? You may remember "tonic" in the OT forum there some years back :)

played again as i did not. know how to send in first game .new here so sent in second try at game 33 .took out all including the civs new starts in 1660 a. d.

Thought I did reasonably well to land my spaceship in the mid 20th century. Had some problems with the barbs, but mainly after my main cities had been established.

In the end (after my spaceship had launched) the Americans - who I had mainly been trading with due to their proximity- decided that they didn't like me and went to war with me. I was able to fend them off until my spaceship landed.

It was a good thing that no-one had built Manhattens. It seemed like all the AI was trying for Spaceship launch.

I've lost it. The Celts landed their SS in 1990, while mine was on its way to the stars for a landing date in 1992.
Yes, I've been defeated, although I managed to take the main island of the Americans and to capture SETI.
It was an awful GOTM for me this month, but at least played it to an end.

better luck if you want to kill them fast check my post in sun stzu vs great wall shace ship game one tip .sell all your city improvments to buy parts quick and as soon as you launch ship move all troops to capital every other city does not matter anymore

what i did was leave troops on desserted islands so when i took out a civ and they respawned on a island i was already there .some colors i had to kill over and over but got them all 1660 a.d game 33

I'm in the late 1700's -- finally took out the Americans (and my first city via combat). Hmmm -- I could get to be a fan of Vet Stealth fighters.

Also have a half dozen spaceship parts built, so I'll need to time this well.

Sounds pretty good OnS. I've finished with my earliest ever AC landing (never beaten 20th century before) but it's nowhere close to the dates you guys are talking about. Once my ship was launched I tried to take the AI cities with wonders to improve my score. Didn't manage to get them all though! On to GOTM34...

No submission in GOTM 33 for me:
I made this sacrifice to the benefit of research (started testing civ respawning, which means a lot of reloading = against GOTM rules).
:crazyeye:
(this is how la fayette looks after a few tests)

After looking in the Apolyton thread I found that the respawn cutoff date might have been around 1770. I was close, so I played the remaining 5 turns (not very interesting, as it happens) and conquered without respawning civilizations in 1774.

My dear la fayette,

This month you were victorious.

However, you seem to haved finished GOTM 34 successfully. I will attempt to best your unknown score with your rules. We shall see!

Originally posted by grigor
After looking in the Apolyton thread I found that the respawn cutoff date might have been around 1770.

However, you seem to haved finished GOTM 34 successfully. I will attempt to best your unknown score with your rules. We shall see!

1) I'll go on testing tomorrow and post the results to the Apolyton thread (started by the Monk IIRC)

2) GOTM34 is a quick game, but fun. You are welcome to beat my
xxxAD finish.

3) Did you manage to meet SlowThinker in Prague ?

Ah, yes, I was successful in meeting the elusive SlowThinker in Prague. We had a lovely walk in an outlying park and discussed Civ II for about 2 hours. His english is excellent, though I had to speak slower than my usual speed (duh!)

He is currently into looking into unit modifications along with Sore Loser. But I hope to try his Early Landing plan on EL6 and I will use a modification to try to beat your xxxAD date (I have only rarely been able to finish before 1000AD).

Top Bottom