1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gotm 62

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of the Month' started by Duke of Marlbrough, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

Sorry I let time get by me there...

Game of the Month #62 (March 2006)

The game settings
    Difficulty: Emperor
    Tribe: Indians
    Barbs: Raging Hordes
    Restarts: Off
    Map: Large

Starting Techs:
    ~ Ceremonail Burial
    ~ Horseback Riding
    ~ Warrior Code

Saved game:
    http://civ2gotm.civfanatics.net/civ2gotmdownload_62.shtml

Games will be due on April 8th, 2006.

2. ElephantU

ElephantU Chieftain

OCC Report: Restarts Off and two war techs leans this one toward a conquest goal rather than OCC. It is harder to estimate what might be available in the terrain because the Continent is number 1 (same as Ocean), which is probably due to being located far to the north. The landlocked Whale and lack of other specials and huts does narrow down the choice of Resource Seeds possible. The nearest likely spot with three or more specials is three tiles north, but black-clicking will not tell us whether that is land or water. Four special spots are at least 6-8 tiles away from our start. A single settler makes this a harder starting game, and the starting techs mean there will be at least one off-path tech before Monarchy or Republic.

3. Peaster

Peaster Chieftain

It's always nice to see some grass, and restarts off. Nothing wrong with a normal civ2 starting map either. The designer's anti-black-clicker cloaking device worked well this time... at least on me.

Any progress on GOTM58 results or a GOTM HOF update ?