[BTS] News: BOTM 257: Hatshepsut, Deity - Starts 1 Sept

Two archers for the corn and gold tiles don’t guarantee they’ll survive, especially on the corn. But they do give the player a chance to expand. Raging barbs will still slow it down.

Normal barbs, if the player gets horses, probably helps the player. Free promotions during the obligatory mobilization strengthen attacks against AIs.
Tropical setting, we see jungle, looks like we’re inland. Even normal barbs could get hairy for a while.

Spoiler threads, plz?

Hi all, I am too busy/lazy etc to sandbox with correct river locations and I still seem not to fully understand how resource connection works based on what happened in some recent GOTMs.

Assuming I will settle 1W, where do I need roads to connect gold?

A) only gold tile
B) only tile NE of gold
C) both gold tile and another tile (NE) connecting it to the city 1E of the settler?
D) no roads needed, settling 1W of the settler will be enough due to river?

will be very grateful for answers, I often mess up resource connections due to the imho weird way river editing works in world builder so I find it very difficult to create sandbox with exact river locations.

My guess is A (only gold tile, assuming no Sailing) but got burned couple times before ....

Last edited:
There's been a report in the first spoiler of the challenger save not being correct (it apparently has raging barbs still on). I'm looking into it, but in the meantime I suggest that you do not start playing the challenger save until I post to say the issue resolved. If anyone has actually already started playing the challenger save and has encountered raging barbs, then please PM me so we can sort out a way for you to continue with the correct game.

The challenger save should now be fixed and no longer has raging barbarians.

Anyone who is downloading the challenger save to play: Please double check before you start the game: Open the F8 game options and check the settings. If you have the correct save, you should see this:

1694837070995.png

Anyone who has already downloaded the incorrect challenger save that has raging barbarians enabled: Please stop playing and PM me, and we'll figure out a way for you to continue playing with the correct options.

Top Bottom