GOTM 66 Spoiler

Status at +0500
Population: 2.77M; Cities: 19; Trade routes: 9D18F; Government: Republic
Finance. Treasury: 14; Cost per turn: 19; Income: 138; Tax rate: 40%
Science: Total advances: 32; Advance every 7 turns; Science rate: 40%
Production: 110MT; 0 polluted tiles
Wonders: Colossus, Hanging Gardens, Marco, Michelangelo, Copernicus.
Units: 10 settlers (1 None), 2 Warriors, 17 Phalanx, 1 None Legion, 1 Crusader, 3 Trireme, 1 Caravel, 2 Diplomat, 19 Caravans.
Roman: 7 cities, 247g, 23 techs; Pyramids
Japanese: 10 cities, 697g, 18 techs;
Viking: 7 cities, 402g, 17 techs; War with me, allied with Greeks; Oracle
Chinese: 5 cities, 362g, 29 techs; Great Library, Great Wall
Greek: 9 cities, 712g, 14 techs; War with me, allied with Vikings;
Mongol: 7 cities, 687g, 20 techs; War with me; Lighthouse

Status at +1000
Population: 10.33M; Cities: 28; Trade routes: 15D28F; Government: Democracy
Finance. Treasury: 135; Cost per turn: 63; Income: 206; Tax rate: 20%
Science: Total advances: 43; Advance every 4 turns; Science rate: 40%
Production: 195MT; 0 polluted tiles
Wonders: Colossus, Hanging Gardens, Marco, Michelangelo, Copernicus, King Richard, Magellan, Shakespeare, Leo.
Units: 10 Engineers (1 None), 27 Musketeers (1 None), 2 Crusaders, 5 Galleon, 1 Frigate, 1 Diplomat, 7 Caravans.
Roman: 8 cities, 260g, 28 techs; Pyramids
Japanese: 14 cities, 655g, 24 techs;
Viking: 8 cities, 604g, 23 techs; Oracle, Sun Tzu
Chinese: 7 cities, 270g, 42 techs; Great Library, Great Wall
Greek: 10 cities, 886g, 19 techs;
Mongol: 7 cities, 1135g, 41 techs; Lighthouse

Status at +1500
Population: 18.15M; Cities: 37; Trade routes: 26D32F; Government: Fundamentalism
Finance. Treasury: 4155; Cost per turn: 64; Income: 1186; Tax rate: 50%
Science: Total advances: 52; Advance every 13 turns; Science rate: 10%
Production: 256MT; 0 polluted tiles
Wonders: Colossus, Hanging Gardens, Marco, Michelangelo, Copernicus, King Richard, Magellan, Shakespeare, Leo, Newton, Bach, Adam Smith.
Units: 26 Engineers (1 None), 6 Fanatics, 31 Riflemen (1 None), 18 Cavalry, 5 Galleon, 1 Frigate, 3 Destroyer, 5 Diplomat, 12 Caravans, 2 Explorer (1 None).
Roman: 9 cities, 300g, 37 techs; Pyramids
Japanese: 16 cities, 948g, 26 techs;
Viking: 8 cities, 688g, 26 techs; War with me, Allied with Greeks; Oracle, Sun Tzu
Chinese: 8 cities, 422g, 45 techs; Great Library, Great Wall
Greek: 9 cities, 1150g, 23 techs; War with me, Allied with Vikings
Mongol: 8 cities, 1036g, 42 techs; War with me; Lighthouse, Statue of Liberty

Status at +1750
Population: 25.38M; Cities: 78; Trade routes: 52D49F; Government: Fundamentalism
Finance. Treasury: 13194; Cost per turn: 164; Income: 2019; Tax rate: 50%
Science: Total advances: 60; Advance every 14 turns; Science rate: 10%
Production: 516MT; 0 polluted tiles
Wonders: Colossus, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco, Michelangelo, Copernicus, King Richard, Magellan, Shakespeare, SunTzu, Leo, Newton, Bach, Adam Smith, Darwin, Eiffel, Statue of Liberty.
Units: 62 Engineers (1 None), 1 Musketeer, 29 Fanatics, 54 Riflemen (2 None), 37 Cavalry, 4 Cannon, 1 Frigate, 10 Destroyer, 8 Transport, 8 Spy, 27 Freight, 2 Explorer (1 None)
Roman: No embassy; Pyramids
Japanese: 3 cities, 172g, 30 techs; War with me, allied with Mongols
Viking: 4 cities, 377g, 29 techs; War with me, Allied with Greeks; Oracle
Chinese: No embassy; Great Library, Great Wall
Greek: 8 cities, 304g, 25 techs; War with me, Allied with Vikings
Mongol: 2 cities, 76g, 43 techs; Allied with Japanese

I'm in 1871 AD
my population is 18.3M Cities: 65 Government: Fundamentalist
Finance.Treasury: 12302 cost per turn: 50 Income: 635 taxe rate:20%
Science: Total advances: 51; Advance every 12 turns; science rate:80%
Production:413M no pollution
Wonders:Colossus, Marco, King Richard, Shakespeare, Leo, Adam Smith, Statue of Liberty, Darwin, Great Library, Oracle, Michealangelo's Chapel, Copernicus Laboratory.
Units: 248 6 settlers, 3 musketeers, 3 Alpin Troops, 127 Riflemans, 41 cavalry, 12 cannon, 26 Destroyers, 13 transports, 17 diplomates.
Roman: 3 cities, 233 gold, 43 techs, war with me
Japanese: 9 cities, 1452 golg, 49 techs, war with me, allied with mongols:Great Wall, Women's Suffrage, J. S. Bach's Cathedral.
Viking: 2 cities, 344 gold, 42 techs, war with me, allied with greek;Light House, Magellan's Expedition.
Chinese: 4 cities, 369 gold, 48 techs, war with me;Pyramid.
Greek: 5 cities, 167 gold, 48 techs, allied with vikings, war with me;Sun Tsu's War Academy.
Mongols: 15 cities, 939 gold, 48 techs, allied with Japanese, war with me;Hanging Garden, Eiffel Tower.

my begining was bad.
In Ad 1 I had 7 cities with a pop of 0.21M Government: Monarchy
Finance. Treasuy: 73 cost per turn; 0 Income: 8 taxe rate: 30%
Science: Total advances: 15 Advance every 20 turns; science rate:70%
Production: 22 M
I had no wonders but Romans had Collossus, Mongols had Hanging Gardens and Chinese had Pyramid. I had no embassy but contact with Roman, Greek and Viking.
Units: 4 settlers, 2 warriors, 9 phalanx, 2 Archer and 5 Trireme.

In 1000 AD I had 10 cities with a pop of 0.72M Government: Monarchy
Finance. Treasury: 219 cost per turn: 1 Inome: 10 taxe rate: 30%
Science. Total advances: 27 Advance every 38 turns; science rate: 70%
Production: 42M
I have no wonders
Chinese have pyramid and copernicus, Mongol have Hanging Garden, Roman have Great Library and Colossus, Viking have Ligthouse and Japanese have Great Wall. Contact with all civs. Allies with Roman and Viking, peac with japanese and in war with the other civilisations.

In the begining, I had some problem to build other cities safely. I did two alliance with Viking and Roman. My idea with the vikings was to built cities safely in his territory but of course I had to give some technologies and to delare war to Greek. My alliance with the Roman was to be safe because I didn't want war with them. They also gave me a lot of technologies. I didn't switch to Republic because my cities wasn't enough developped and I needed to create an army. Also a hut near of one of my city dissapeared and I don't know why. I wasn't very good in science but I trade a lot of technologies.
I just bribed two Mongol cities before approximatively 1800 AD where I had musketeers and Ironclads and began to attack more seriously. I built Statue of Liberty switched to Fundamentalist and got a lot of money especially with Michealangelo's Chapel. I'll try to win by conquest and every thing is fine except the fact some destroyers and cavalry.

Tigui said:
Also a hut near of one of my city dissapeared and I don't know why.
The same thing happened to me in GotM 67
When your city grew, the computer worked the square that had the hut, thus destroying the hut

I played to 1792 this morning. Vikings, Greeks, and Japanese were are all wiped out in 1760s. Also in 1760s I switched from Fundamentalism to Democracy. In about a decade I blew my 15K treasury and landed in poor house. It was mostly spent on libraries and factories. Tech advance has been pretty fast with 1-2 techs per turn. I just discovered Space Flight. I have well over a 100 cities.

I am going to need more time to finish as the turns are taking over an hour each.

I'm in 1893 AD and there is now just 5 cities to bribe; 1 Japanese, 2 Mongol, 1 Viking and one barb. I have a pop of 34.54M, I have 103 cities. AI was very week when they got consription because they dissipate their musketeers for Rifleman. I did a mistake when I wanted to capture Tsingtao using this weak because I was forced to kill the two cannon before the attack and I used the Alpin Trooper and the Cavalry instead of just use one Cavalryto kill the cannons and because of this I wasn't able to bribe it in the turn and had to wait many turns and kill people to bribe Tsingtao. I will finish the game by conquest today or tomorrow.

Status at +1800
Population: 122.49M; Cities: 129; Trade routes: 168D48F; Government: Democracy
Finance. Treasury: 7; Cost per turn: 776; Income: 1751; Tax rate: 20%
Science: Total advances: 88+3F; 2 Advances every turn; Science rate: 50%
Production: 1953MT; 6 polluted tiles
Wonders: Colossus, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Oracle, All renaissance and industrial age wonders, Hoover, Cure for Cancer, SETI
Units: 87 Engineers (3 None), 31 Fanatics, 5 Paritsans (3 None), 75 Riflemen (2 None), 1 Mech. Infantry, 23 Cavalry, 1 Armor, 1 Artillery, 2 Frigate, 6 Destroyer, 9 Transport, 7 Spy, 14 Freight, 2 Explorer (1 None)
Roman: No embassy; Pyramids
Japanese: Destroyed by me in 1768
Viking: Destroyed by me in 1762
Chinese: No embassy; Great Library, Great Wall, Suffrage
Greek: Destroyed by me in 1764
Mongol: 2 cities, 360g, 88 techs;

I finished by conquest in 1901 AD, it's my first victory at Deity Level. Well it was easy to win but I would have a better result with a better start so I will have to improve.

Global warming took place in 1816; and like water it put out the fire that kept me up all night playing.

In my rush to get the game done more quickly I built too many factories and not enough mass transits and recycling centers. My engineers were busy cleaning things up but outside of my home island they could not keep up. Around 1810 I was starting the turn with 30+ polluted tiles and ending with 10-20. The Greek/Viking island was the worst but I had trouble all over the place. My massive science machine which was generating two techs per turn made matters worse by increasing the probability of getting pollution so high that even cities producing 10-20 shields were at times getting pollution. (I had in excess of 20 future techs by this time.)

At 4:20 in the morning three days after the game was officially due and with turns taking over an hour each I simply did not have the time or the strength to clean up the mess.

In retrospect I have to learn to contain myself on these large maps. The temptation to expand needs to be controlled at some point. (Every time I see a 3 or 4 special site I think, ooh I should make a city there.) This game dominated my life for the past couple of weeks.

Furthermore, I regret going to war somewhat late. I should have either stayed peaceful or take on my enemies sooner. There was plenty of room for peaceful expansion.

Thank you LordValuna. I need a few days of respite before I can start GOTM 67. But I am determined to play. I do not want to miss playing the purple civ.

TimTheEnchanter said:
Let's see how I compare...
1000 BC - one city
AD 1 - one city
AD 500 - one city
AD 1000 - one city
:p

A nice little OCC game. I enjoy these Deity OCC games because the AI actually manages to research a few things along the way and grows a bit, and they tend to make things interesting at the end. All things considered, I am quite pleased with the result. No rivers, and the routes just never thrived - they stalled out at +18. There were a couple AI cities that got over size 8 but it wasn't worth trying to deliver to them by that time. Obviously no road or RR bonus (although the Romans did start some colonies on our island very late but at that point I wasn't in the mood to give their diplomats unfettered rail access to my city.

Now that the deadline has passed -

Once I peeked at the Spoilers (sometime well into the ADs), I was secretly hoping to beat LordValuna's 1778 finish date, but couldn't quite make it. Even so, I beat a few of the other dates out there (but certainly not the scores) The AI did a good job helping out with my techs along the way - I think I got something like 15 techs from the other civs. I never got close to "natural" one turn techs, even with research lab. I had some because of deliveries, but none just from the city itself.

The Romans sent a mini-diplomatic barrage at me while I was building and flying the spaceship but that was eventually thwarted by a ring of 2 unit stacks (mostly bribed roman units) surrounding the city. Based on prior experience (See 1913 in this post), I consider this defense tactic almost mandatory when the AI has cities very nearby to an OCC.

The city had exactly 32 base sheilds so I was able to get 80s production at the end without terraforming any land because I got a couple NON engineers and boats along the way, meaning I had no sheild support.

I think 7 wonders were tacked on at the end after launch. The first was UN which allowed me to more easily negotiate enough cash to finish one more than I thought I would be able to.

All in all: OCC spaceship landing in 1785.

Top Bottom