GOTM 80 Spoiler

Peaster

Emperor
IMO this map was designed to make a really early conquest (like 1AD) very challenging. It might be possible with lots of quick hut-popping, and some lucky results, for example. Or with some decent guessing about sea-routes. Those are hard to find on this map by black-clicking, and the AI maps didn't help me much this time.

I decided not to gamble too much on where the sea routes might be, and devoted most Mongol resources to growth. My game has gone pretty well, but probably won't win a green star.

The first turn was very interesting to me. I decided to use the size-one trick (without disbanding the phalanx). My phalanx found a whale AND iron on the same turn, and of course iron is ideal for size-one-ing. A 50g hut helped produce a new settler by 3600BC, with city #2 in 3550BC, and monarchy in 3050BC. After reading DoM's intro, I played a bit cautiously, but didn't see any barb's or other civs until much later. Maybe I wasted a little time on warriors and roads.

2000BC: 10 cities, pop 200K, have 2S/3w/2ph/1ch and am making 4 vans for MPE. Have 8 adv's, but expect several more from MPE soon.

1750BC: MPE snags 7 maps + pot/seaf/wri/hbr/mas. The AI maps don't connect, and I can't be sure where is the land vs where is the sea. But France looks like the best potential trading partner, so I'll send a couple of vans and hope for a ship chain there eventually [for a faster conquest, I'd probably send settlers or elephants instead]. The Zulu's look like the hardest to get to, for EC, so I'll aim for a road and/or some ports in their direction ASAP. I'll try to make canals to China and Russia, and expect few problems getting to Greece or Spain. With seafaring, I can also make a few explorers and pop some huts.

1150BC: Pyramids = another decision to favor growth over conquest speed ... I guess I just wasn't in a hurry to finish this game.

1000BC: 20 cities, mostly size two, pop 610K, have 3S/3tri/1dip/6van/3ele/9misc and have lost 2 minor units. 2WoWs. 18adv, working on phil (no rush). Am getting some tribute now.

925BC: HG. Maybe a little early, but I've had some riots, and China was also building it. They switch to Colossus and I let them have it.

750BC: LH. Maybe not 100% necessary, but I'm planning to use lots of triremes eventually and the LH will ease the sailing. Finally I notice that my canals to China can also be used to reach Zululand. But Zimbabwe still looks pretty hard to reach directly by boat.

500BC: 50 cities, Mfg=172, pop 1.5m, 4WoW, 24adv, have 14S,18w, 12cru/ele, 18tri, 8vans, 11misc.

I'll post the rest later. I don't think a BC finish is possible for me, mainly because of the distant Zulus. Haven't decided whether to throw in a (fairly boring) republic phase, to build up a decent score, or to just try to finish whenever I can reach the Zulus.

Not done, but thought I'd write some more, before someone else gets Post #2 of this thread ;)

350BC: Moscow taken, so Russia is doomed... for the other cities, I'll mostly re-use the crusaders at Moscow (rather than quick bribes) to save dough. Am getting small tributes from the other AIs; can't provoke many wars yet.

200BC: Tired of Peace with Greece? Then sneak attack, like I do! Genghis takes Athens + 2 other Gr cities, maybe in time to re-use some of these units on the Zulus (that doesn't actually happen though, since other units are faster).

175BC: French sneak attack! But they are my trading partners, so I swallow my Mongol pride and make peace again ASAP. I'm getting about 400g per hides van to France, maybe/almost once per turn.

125BC: I finally sneak against China and take Beijing.

50BC: (approx) Russia destroyed. China and Greece are almost down too. Mongol crusaders take Zimbabwe via two canal cities.

But a BC finish is definitely not possible; the Zulus are quite spread out [including two cities in the far SW corner, which are not even on my map yet]. Also, I have a nice ship chain past Spain to France, but haven't sent in any purple troops yet.

1AD STATS: 105 cities, 5WoWs, Mfg=374, pop=5.4mil, 30adv(@economics), at war with 4 of other 5 civs (not with France, my trading partner). Have 26S,25w, 30cru, 46tri, 12dips, 23vans, 4exp, 22misc, 16 units lost.

20AD: France builds GL in Paris. Mongols finish off Greece and China. A "cease fire" with the Zulu's allows us to update our map.

40AD: OUCH! A hut gives us Invention, and van bonuses shrink from 400g to about 200g. Why did I keep popping huts??? I was aiming for a mindlessly big rich trading game... now what? Decided to continue that plan anyway with Leo's, Nav/Magellan and maybe Demo... but the lowered bonuses still hurt.

I took Madrid about this time (they declared war many years ago and somehow killed a few of my crusaders with archers).

Also, CIV2 began to crash frequently, more than once per turn. [seems to happen most often with GOTM scenarios, and with big civs, but it could just be my old PC acting up]. After a few turns of this (and "war" from France) I switched from 2.42 to MPGE, and the crashes stopped.

140AD: Leo's, and finish Spain. Next turn Nav'n, and 50 triremes become caravels.

180AD: Zulu's done, so only France is left. Next turn, they declare war, I take Paris with GL, along with 2 other cities (and switch to MPGE). So, only a few French cities, demanding hides, remain as pets.

240AD: Mike's, but it has no effect on unhappiness as far as I can tell. I don't quite understand this (??). Maybe SoL was better, to go for Fundy ASAP.

320AD: Magellan's. Now my ship chain is smokin', but the bonuses still stink. I need bigger cities, so I need a better govt, so I need to prepare some support for my 60 boats, so I need more ports, but the terrain ain't too good... well, the game goes on. I'll probably finish up soon, especially if I can figure out how to get to Demo.

Almost finished the game. The Zulu's are down to a couple of cities and the rest is gone. Was a bit surpised to learn that there were barbcities (after trading maps with Russians). However they caused little to none problems after all.

I had two ideas to play....wanted a big empire but also a quick victory. Expanding was not the problem but it took a little to long to get the enemy down. After getting crusaders I did not succeed at once in destroying the capital cities of the Russians and the Chinese. Even with a huge army (15-20 crusaders which I lost all except 2) I finally conquered the Chinese capital.

The zulu's were to far away to have a fight with in the beginning. After having so much trouble with war and little techs discovered I decided to go for flight/espionage and a big score. After the discovery of flight a did manage to get Moscow. Because I have now a big empire (max nr. of cities) I try to take out the Zulu's in a couple of turns and hopefully end the game tomorrow. I'm now around 1500AD and try to let my cities grow a bit to get a nice score;) .

Hmmm... it really looks as if I have to improve my strategy of playing a lot to catch up to the other gamers here. I was totally proud of myself as I was able to survive the game until 2020 A.D., despite the continuous attacks of all the AI Civs. I later learned about the MGE bug that turns all the other emissarys hostile towards you... from now on, I will play every GotM in the regular version. -.-

Which brings me to another question: compatibility. Will the GotM-staff be able to load my game, when I played it in the german version? Would be really annoying to play 5 or 6 GotMs until #80 is completely evaluated and then I hear that it was the wrong version, therefore all my sent games are useless. -.-

The maximum number of cities was 127 or something like that, not? I never had so much and I guess I never will, but wonders happen and I want to be prepared not to make any mistake by founding / conquering more cities. What exactly happens when there are more? Does the game crash?

And finally a last question: has this MGE-bug been fixed in the meantime? I mean, REALLY fixed. I read here about some guy who reprogrammed two files so that bug is gone, but the "Find City"-command is now dangerous to use. Not THAT much of a big deal, but an "official" patch would be better.

The maximum number of cities was 127 or something like that, not? I never had so much and I guess I never will, but wonders happen and I want to be prepared not to make any mistake by founding / conquering more cities. What exactly happens when there are more? Does the game crash?

The max number of cities is 254. I play the original version and have no problems. The only thing that I notice is that my pc is a little slower then normal. More cities is not possible...you get a message like no more cities possible. So the game does not crash. The other questions you have I really don't know. I leave those questions to others/GOTM staff.

Yep, the original version is probably a little better for GOTM play than MPGE, especially if you like peace. There are some games where I prefer a hostile AI, to keep a clean rep while conquering. I played my first 10 or so GOTMs wth MPGE, and had to switch from 2.42 to MPGE in the middle of this one. My computer kept crashing on 2.42 (don't know why exactly).

I'm at about 600AD, trying to finish with a spurt of democratic growth. Haven't counted my cities lately, but probably have around 200. I'm a little sick, and the turns are loooong. So, I don't plan to squeeze every point out of each city ... probably just a harbor and an aqueduct per major city, and I'll quit (eg finish off France).

Sounds like you're having an interesting game, Magic.

Welcome, Superior Man! With some practice, you'll have no real trouble with the AI's. In my opinion, the key is to grow faster than them.

Yeah, I figured that out too and am trying it. Forget city growing at the beginning, just produce settlers to build as much cities as possible, until I reach my borders, be it a coastline or the cities of my neighbours. :)

I may test out this "Infinite City Sleaze" in a regular game some day, but I just don't like the idea of flooding the squares with cities. Takes the fun of the game away in my opinion. That gives me the idea for a poll in the General Discussions. :)

Sounds like you're having an interesting game, Magic.

Yes it is. It's the first time I have the max nr. of cities and a lot of micromanagement right know. I found out that I stayed to long in Monarchy. Changing to democracy earlier would have give me a lot better GOTM-score. Now I,m having a nice score but know for the next time I can do a lot better.

Hoping to finish/submit my first GoTM this month.... I know I will not have a competitive score but I am learning alot about what it takes to finish with a good score. I think, well I know, I had some trouble deciding on what kind of game I wanted to play (EL, or EC) and when I did decide on landing I realized that I dont have enough experience to get an early landing, oh well:crazyeye:

anyway, I HOPE I can finish....alot of times I get to a point where I am just going through the motions of playing and not really accomplishing anything...
right now (in my game) its 1794 AD and I have several Future techs but I forgot to build Apollo so I could build parts..... ugh lol

ccAMELS73 - You won't need spaceship parts in this game. You have to conquer. See the main thread: "Restarts: Restarts off, win by conquest."

edit: hmm... 6 minutes late... DoM, can you delete this?

OMG, I can't believe I didn't see that!! :sad:
I just rechecked the GoTM 80 post and sure enough, there it is. Eww wee that burns me up....oh well my fault. Anyway, I still learned a few things and now I may as well start on Gotm 81....

thanks guys, for the update.

my log attached. I went for an ics style approach again, however had a few problems along the way, reaching the furthest away cities was very hard in this one, and i didn't send enough units out. The barbs didnt affect me too much, but it was a surprise when I found them.

-4000 move to nw, build karkorum, work whale
ceremonal burial
-3950 change tax 4-6-0, explore with phalanx
-3750 cer bur -> code laws, hut = horse
-3450 karak settler, hut = 50g
-3400 samarkand (2)
-3300 code -> monarchy,hut = horseriding
-3250 karakorum size 2,
-3150 hut =25g,rb karak settler 25g
-3100 hut = archer

@-3000 2 cities,pop 2,000, 1 sett, 1 warrr, 1 phalanx, 1 archers, 1 horse
russian ?
french ?
spanish ?
chinese ?
greek ?
taxes 40/60/0 income 3, science 4 - disc 9 turns
researching monarchy, 5 techs, first to alpha, code

-2950 bhokara (3)
-2900 monarchy -> currency
-2800 revolution
-2700 hut =50g,
-2650 samarkand settler, monarchy est., hut = archer, barb archer appears 134,58 near horse.

just noticed top 5 cities all barbarian!!!

-2550 nishapor (4)
-2500 found barbhall,

@-2500 4 cities, pop 4,000, 1 sett, 1 warrr, 1 phalanx, 2 archers, 1 horse
russian ?
french ?
spanish ?
chinese ?
greek ?
taxes 40/60/0 income 5, science 8 - disc 7 turns
researching currency, 6 techs, first to alpha, code, monarchy,

-2450 hut= barb, currency -> trade,
-2350 kashgar(5), karkaorum starts colosus
-2300 kabriz (6)
-2200 hut =25g
-2150 trade -> mysticism
-2100 aleppo(7)
-1950 hut = mysticism,hut = polytheism

@-1950 7 cities, pop 150,000, 21gold, 0 sett, 6 warrr, 1 phalanx, 2 archers, 1 horse
russian ?
french ? paris top1
spanish ?
chinese ?
greek ? athens top2
taxes 40/60/0 income 7, science 16 - disc 7 turns
researching currency, 10 techs, first to alpha, code, monarchy, trade
someone else has polytheism?

-1900 choose writing,hut = masonry, hut = nomads
-1850 hut = warrior code
-1800 found barbhangout
-1750 found barb fanatic!, first van on way for marcos, kabul (8)
-1700 writing -> literacy
-1550 ormuz(9),basra(10)
-1500 kabul was built next to barbvillage!

@-1500 10 cities, pop 260,000, 30 gold, 1 sett, 5 warrr, 1 phalanx, 2 archers, 1 horse, 1 van
russian ?
french ?
spanish ?
chinese ?
greek ? athens size 4 top1
4 barb cities size 4
taxes 30/70/0 income 9, science 19 - disc 8 turns
researching literacy, 13 techs, first to alpha, code, monarchy, trade, writing

-1400 karkaorum morco's, starts colossus,khanbalky (11)

russians 240g,9 techs incl. maps
zulus 7 techs 243g incl pottery
french 7 techs 129g
spanish 6 techs 311g incl maps
chinese 7 techs 232g incl. pottery
greeks 6 techs 272g incl maps

greeks maps for cer bur, no alliance, maps yes
french give monarchy, maps, share maps yes, no alliance
russia give monarchy, writing, wont shre maps, no alliance
zulu pottery for maps, share maps, no alliance
spanish share maps, alliance yes, gift 100g
chinese give writing,maps, share maps

russians wont talk again, guess they're north east or east

maximise science down to 8 turns,

-1350 kabul diplomat.
-1250 literacy -> republic, barbvillage revolt 208 (got 142), russia still wont share
-1200 khorassan(12)
-1150 spied russian elephant north
-1050 taxes 4-6-0
-1000 kharakorum colossus, barbvillage bribed 208g,
spanish give horse, gift 50g
russians give pottery, masonry no maps

@-1000 13 cities, pop 410,000, 51 gold, 2 sett, 8 warrr, 1 phalanx, 3 archers, 1 horse
russian 4 cities 9 techs
french 4 cities 10 techs, building lighthouse
spanish 4 cities 8 techs
chinese 3 cities 9 techs building pyramids
greeks 4 cities 8 techs, the wheel
zulus 6 cities 9 techs, the wheel

4? barb cities size 4 (2 appear in top5)
taxes 30/70/0 income 14, science 30 - disc 7 turns
researching literacy, 13 techs, first to alpha, code, monarchy, trade, writing

-950 philosophy -> monotheism -> iron working
-900 hut = acher,
-875 khazan (14)
-850 russians discober iron working, trade for philosophy,
-825 learn the wheel, spanish give iron working get 100g
-775 russians have barbnest
-750 qunsay(15),kerman(16), barbhall attacked
-725 wheel -> medicene, hut=legion, naples(17),barbhall captured(18)
-650 sparta(greek) attacked
-625 issus(20), sparta razed 30gold,
-600 cunaxa, crusader lost greek,barbhangout captured (21)
-575 cremona(22),barbcove found
-550 medicene-> maths,cannae(23), ceasefire greeks, spanish give pottery get 150g
-500 spanish lost cordoba to barbs,hut=maths,

@-500 24 cities, pop 940,000, 126 gold, 1 sett, 17 warrr, 1 phalanx, 4 archers, 1 legion, 1 horse, 11 crusaders,5 trireme, 1 dip
russian 6 cities 15 techs, 331g
french 6 cities 13 techs, got construction
spanish 6 cities 11 techs,49g
chinese 4 cities 11 techs building gl
greeks 4 cities 10 techs, 402g
zulus 8 cities 14 techs, 371g

? barb cities (0 appear in top5)
taxes 30/70/0 income 22 science 47 - disc 11 turns
researching literacy, 22 techs, first to alpha, code, monarchy, trade, writing,mono,lit,maths
-475 learn astro
-325 capua,attack greeks delphi razed,corinth razed 32gold,
-300 astro -> seafaring,barbcove razed,i lose city to greeks,
-250 turin,
-225 cordoba(barb) razed,
-200 genoa,
-175 crete,verona,
-125 barbretreat captured,
-100 gwall built,
-75 seafaring -> university,
-25 russians attacked, novgorod razed 25g + construvtiom,riga razed
1ad salamis,barb leader 150g,

@ 1ad 30 cities, pop 1.5m, 90 gold, 4 sett, 27 warrr, 0 phalanx, 2 legin, 3 archers, 1 horse, 27 crusaders,12 trireme, 1 dip

russian 6 cities got feudalism
french 6 cities
spanish 6 cities
chinese 6 cities
greeks 3 cities
zulus 9 cities

taxes 30/70/0 income 26 science 57 - disc 10 turns
researching univ, 25 techs,

20ad athens captured 81g,cease fire signed,barbshack razed,lisbon(31),
40 chinese republic for trade,spanish give constr get 100g,
60 hamburg, prague,pharsoles revolted 106, greeks declare war,thermoplae captured 76g, greeks destroyed
80 hut = navigation, struggling against russians,salzburg,french attacked
140 univ-> engin,xinjan razed 12g,
160 bergen,barbnest(russian) captured 32g,got feudalism, ceasefire signed.nanking captured 20g,
200 chinese cease fire
220 hut =50g,
240 french ceasefire
260 venice
280 milan(red hat immediately), chinese appear to have city walls,broke russia ceasr fire,zulus demand tribute no war
hlobane captured 50g,
300 ghent,pisa,salamanca razed 12g,
320 dublin,rostov captured 15g + brisge builduing
340 engineering-> invention,toronto,melbourne,sydney,karakorum, intombe captured,hut=babkibng,
380 zimbabwe razed,
400 krasnoysk captured,seville razed 15g,ulundi captyured 89 + HG,ceasefire signed,
440 magellans,
480 ish captured,
500 shanghai captured, GL,(lost 4 vet crusaders), 2 russ cities on river,

@ 500ad 62 cities, pop 2.8m, 51 gold, 7 sett, 37 warrr, 1 phalanx, 1 legin, 3 archers, 18 pikeman, 41 crusaders,13 trireme, 5 caraval,4 dip, 5 vans

russian 5 cities located 4,war, building sun tzu
french 8 cities located 3, peace builidn coppernicus
spanish 6 cities located 3 ceasefire
chinese 4 cities located 2 war
greeks destroyed
zulus 5 cities located 0, war

taxes 30/70/0 income 32 science 92 - disc 8 turns
researching invention, 32 techs,

520 russians attack,
540 unfolozi razed 17g,french attacked,
560 spanish attack, invention->theory gravi, orleans captured
580 chartres captured peace signed

my log ends here (forgot to save it) but it took me quite a lot longer than i thought it would to finish. A few cities with walls on rivers didnt help.

Casualties included 80 crusaders (quite a lot of them would be against the russians)

Finally finished the game. Just above the 200 turns. At the end a nice growing spurt which gave me a after all a good score. Will post my log as soon as I have completed my log.

Having trouble in midgame with capturing some cities cost me over 100 losses I think (I haven't counted yet). So there is enough to improve in the future.

At the end it was easy to have fighters to conquer the last capital....so I waited to long with this discovery....at the other hand I had a lot of settlers for all those cities that were build.

turn 1: 4000BC Karakorum(1)
turn 2: 3950BC ->Code of Laws
turn 3: 3900BC -
turn 4: 3850BC -
turn 5: 3800BC Code of Laws->Ceremonial Burial
turn 6: 3750BC -
turn 7: 3700BC -
turn 8: 3650BC -
turn 9: 3600BC -
turn 10:3550BC -
turn 11:3500BC hut->Horseback Riding
turn 12:3450BC -
turn 13:3400BC -
turn 14:3350BC Samarkand(2)
turn 15:3300BC -
turn 16:3250BC Ceremonial Burial->Monarchy
turn 17:3200BC -
turn 18:3150BC -
turn 19:3100BC -
turn 20:3050BC hut->barbarians
turn 21:3000BC phalanx survived attack
turn 22:2950BC -
turn 23:2900BC -
turn 24:2850BC -
turn 25:2800BC Monarchy->Currency / hut->barbarians
turn 26:2750BC -
turn 27:2700BC REVOLUTION
turn 28:2650BC Monarchy
turn 29:2600BC Bokhara(3)+Nishapur(4)
turn 30:2550BC -
turn 31:2500BC -
turn 32:2450BC hut->Currency->Trade
turn 33:2400Bc -
turn 34:2350BC -
turn 35:2300BC Trade->Polytheism
turn 36:2250BC -
turn 37:2200BC >0,1M
turn 38:2150BC Kashgar(5)
turn 39:2100BC -
turn 40:2050BC -
turn 41:2000BC -

Status at -2000
Population: 0,09M; Cities: 5; Trade routes: 0D0F; Government: Monarchy
Money: 41 gold; Cost per turn: 0; Total advances: 8; Production: 17MT; 0 polluted tiles
Wonders: -
Units: 1 settlers, 1 phalanx

I've finished too. I had planned to grow a little longer, but today is the deadline, and demo-growth is pretty tiring anyway (to me). I had lots of gold and 112 vans left over at the end, so it doesn't feel like a super-efficient ending. Oh well.

One high point was the 600AD turn, in which Genghis Inc delivered 37 vans to Tours (probably the most I've ever done in one turn) Also, 12 vans went into making two Wonders that same turn.

I had about 20 losses, much less than Magic and CharlieChuck. I only recall facing one walled city (which was on grass, not a big problem). But I've had some other conquest games with about 80 losses... that can really slow down the attack.

I was curious if someone could conquer in the BC years this time. I think it's possible, but it'd require a more daring plan than mine, and probably some rather good luck.

CharlieChuck: Looks like you played ics pretty well - that's not your usual style? I couldn't tell at first glance when you built your Wonders, but it appears you had Marco in 1400BC, which is pretty good. I guess your main problem was casualties.

turn 42: 1950BC -
turn 43: 1900BC hut->archer / Tabriz(6) / hut->Aleppo(7)
turn 44: 1850BC Polytheism->Map Making
turn 45: 1800BC Kabul(8)
turn 46: 1750BC Ormuz(9)
turn 47: 1700BC -
turn 48: 1650BC -
turn 49: 1600BC -
turn 50: 1550BC hut->nomads
turn 51: 1500BC >0,2M
turn 52: 1450BC Basra(10)
turn 53: 1400BC -
turn 54: 1350BC hut->barbarians
turn 55: 1300BC Samarkand build Marco Polo
get Map Making (map Spanish)
get Warrior Code and Writing (map French)
map Russians (discovered eight barb cities)
get Masonry and Mathematics (map Zulu's)
map Chinese
get Pottery (map Greeks)
turn 56: 1250BC ->Literacy
turn 57: 1200BC Khanbalyk(11)
turn 58: 1150BC -
turn 59: 1100Bc Khorasan(12)+Shangtu(13)+Kazan(14)+Quinsay(15)
turn 60: 1050BC -
turn 61: 1000BC >0,3M

Status at -1000
Population: 0,3M; Cities: 15; Trade routes: 0D0F; Government: Monarchy
Money: 187 gold; Cost per turn: 0; Total advances: 15; Production: 51MT; 0 polluted tiles
Wonders: Marco Polo
Units: 2 settlers, 1 phalanx, 2 elephants
Russians, Neutral, Peace, 374 gold, 4 cities
Zulu's, Cordial, Peace, 316 gold, 6 cities
French, Receptive, Peace, 136 gold, 3 cities
Spanish, Receptive, Peace, 300 gold, 4 cities
Chinese, Cordial, Peace, 210 gold, 3 cities
Greeks, Neutral, Peace, 255 gold, 4 cities

turn 62: 975BC -
turn 63: 950BC -
turn 64: 925BC Kerman(16)
turn 65: 900BC >0,4M / get Literacy from French / Naples(17)
turn 66: 875BC ->Mysticism / get Mysticism from Zulu's
turn 67: 850BC ->Philosophy
turn 68: 825BC hut->Philosophy
turn 69: 800BC ->Monotheism->Feudalism / Issus(18)
turn 70: 775BC Cunaxa(19) / hut->50g / bribed BarbHangout(20) and BarbShack(21)
turn 71: 750BC >0,6M / Cremona(22)
turn 72: 725BC >0,7M
turn 73: 700BC -
turn 74: 675BC -
turn 75: 650BC Cannae(23)
turn 76: 625BC capture Barbden(24)
turn 77: 600BC Capua(25)
turn 78: 575BC >0,8M
turn 79: 550BC Razed BarbNest (got Iron working)
turn 80: 525BC Turin(26)+Genoa(27)
turn 81: 500BC >0,9M
turn 82: 475BC Crete(28) / bribed BarbCove(29)
turn 83: 450BC Verona(29)+Salamis(30)
turn 84: 425BC get Construction and Seafaring
turn 85: 400BC disbanded a city
turn 86: 375BC Lisbon(30)
turn 87: 350BC >1M / Hamburg(31)+Prague(32)
turn 88: 325BC -
turn 89: 300BC bribed Salamanca(33)
turn 90: 275BC -
turn 91: 250BC Samarkand builds Michelangelo's
turn 92: 225BC Feudalism->Theology / BarbVillage bribed (34) (The Wheel)
turn 93: 200BC Salzburg(35)
turn 94: 175BC Bergen(36)
turn 95: 150BC Venice(37)
turn 96: 125BC bribed Valencia(38)
turn 97: 100BC Milan(39)
turn 98: 75BC Ghent(40)+Pisa(41)+Dublin(42)+Toronto(43) / hut->Chivalry
turn 99: 50BC Cordoba (44) bribed
turn 100: 25BC Melbourne(45)
turn 101: 1AD Sydney(46) / bribed Pharsalos(47)+Karakorum(48)+Samarkand(49)

Status at +0001
Population: 1,56M; Cities: 49; Trade routes: 0D0F; Government: Monarchy
Money: 71 gold; Cost per turn: 1; Total advances: 25; Production: 163MT; 0 polluted tiles
Wonders: Marco Polo, Micelangelo's
Units: 19 settlers, 2 warriors, 3 phalanx, 3 archers, 1 elephants, 12 crusaders, 1 catapult, 5 trireme, 3 diplomats
Russians, Enraged, War, 643 gold, 7 cities
Zulu's, Enraged, War, 736 gold, 9 cities
French, Receptive, Peace, 189 gold, 5 cities
Spanish, Uncooperative, Cease Fire, 323 gold, 3 cities
Chinese, Cordial, Peace, 277 gold, 7 cities
Greeks, Hostile, Cease Fire, 312 gold, 6 cities

turn 102: 20AD lost city to Greek / capture BarbHall
turn 103: 40AD -
turn 104: 60AD Bokhara(50) / bribed BarbVillage(51) / Nishapur(52)+Kashgar(53)+Tabriz(54)
turn 105: 80AD -
turn 106: 100AD Aleppo(55)
turn 107: 120AD destroyed Madrid / bribed Seville (56)
turn 108: 140AD Theology->Bridge Building / >2M / hut->nomads / hut->nomads / Kabul(57)
turn 109: 160AD Ormuz(58)+Basra(59)+Khanbalyk(60)
turn 110: 180AD Khorasan(61)
turn 111: 200AD Shangtu(62)+Kazan(63)
turn 112: 220AD bribed BarbDen(64) (get Engineering)
turn 113: 240AD capture Barcelona(65) / Spanish destroyed)
turn 114: 260AD Quinsay(66)+Kerman(67)+Naples(68) / Rheims(69) bribed (The Republic)
turn 115: 280AD Issus(70) / bribed Thermopylae(71) / Cunaxa(72)+Cremona(73)
turn 116: 300AD -
turn 117: 320AD Cannae74)+Capua(75)+Turin(76)+Genoa(77)+Crete(78)
turn 118: 340AD Verona(79)
turn 119: 360AD >3,0M / Salamis(80) / capture Knossos(81)
turn 120: 380AD capture Corinth(82) (with Astronomy) / Lisbon(83)
turn 121: 400AD lost one city / bribed Novgorod (with Bridge building) / Hamburg(84)+Prague(85)
turn 122: 420AD ->Invention->Gunpowder / Yakutsk (87) bribed (with Colossus) / Salzburg(88)
turn 123: 440AD Bergen(89) / hut 50g / Venice(90)+Milan(91)
turn 124: 460AD Ghent(92)+Pisa(93)
turn 125: 480AD captured Delphi(94) / Dublin(95)
turn 126: 500AD -

Status at +0500
Population: 3,59M; Cities: 95; Trade routes: 0D0F; Government: Monarchy
Money: 762 gold; Cost per turn: 2; Total advances: 31; Production: 290MT; 0 polluted tiles
Wonders: Colossus, Marco Polo, Micelangelo's
Units: 45 settlers, 2 warriors, 5 phalanx, 4 archers, 2 legion, 2 horsemen, 1 chariot, 34 crusaders, 1 catapult, 7 trireme, 8 diplomats
Russians, Uncooperative, Cease Fire, 526 gold, 4 cities
Zulu's, Enraged, War, 963 gold, 14 cities
French, Hostile, Cease Fire, 371 gold, 5 cities
Spanish, destroyed
Chinese, Neutral, Peace, 275 gold, 7 cities
Greeks, Uncooperative, War, 265 gold, 2 cities

turn 127: 520AD Toronto(96)+Melbourne(97)+Sydney(98)+Karakorum(99)
turn 128: 540AD Samarkand(100)+Bokhara(101)
turn 129: 560AD Nishapur(102)+Kashgar(103)
turn 130: 580AD >4,0M / Tabriz(104)+Aleppo(105) / captured Sparta(106)
turn 131: 600AD J.S. Bach's Cathedral build / capture Athens (107) (with Lighthouse) / Greek destroyed / Kabul(108)+Ormuz(109)
turn 132: 620AD Basra(110)+Khanbalyk(111)+Khorasan(112) / capture Riga(113)
turn 133: 640AD Gunpowder->Banking / Shangtu(114)
turn 134: 660AD Kazan(115)
turn 135: 680AD Quinsay(116)
turn 136: 700AD Kerman(117)+Naples(118)
turn 137: 720AD lost one city / capture Orleans (with Banking) / Issus(119) / capture Vladivistok(120)
turn 138: 740AD ->Democracy / Cunaxa(121)+Cremona(122)+Cannae(123) / capture Lyon(124)
turn 139: 760AD >5M / capture Nanking (125) with Medicine / Capua(126) / bribed Krasnoyarsk(127) / Turin(128)+Genoa(129)+Crete(130)
turn 140: 780AD Verona(131)
turn 141: 800AD Leonardo's Workshop build / capture Chengdu(132)/Salamis(133)+Lisbon(134)+Hamburg(135)
turn 142: 820AD Prague(136)+Salzburg(137)
turn 143: 840AD Bergen(138)+Venice(139) / captured Shanghai(140) with University / Milan(141)+Ghent(142) / bribed Mpondo(143) with Navigation / captured Paris(144) with Pyramids
turn 144: 860AD >6M / Pisa(145)
turn 145: 880AD Democracy->Metallurgy / Dublin(146) / capture BarbRetreat(147) / Toronto(148)
turn 146: 900AD Melbourne(149)
turn 147: 920AD Sydney(150)+Karakorum(151)+Samarkand(152) / bribed Marseilles(153)
turn 148: 940AD >7M / capture Beijing(154) / bribed Canton(155) with Great Library / Bokhara(156)
turn 149: 960AD Nishapur(157)+Kashgar(158)+Tabriz(159)
turn 150: 980AD Captured Tsingtao(160) / Aleppo(161)+Kabul(162)
turn 151: 1000AD >8M / Ormuz(163)

Status at +1000
Population: 8,25M; Cities: 163; Trade routes: 0D0F; Government: Monarchy
Money: 575 gold; Cost per turn: 12; Total advances: 37; Production: 510MT; 0 polluted tiles
Wonders: Colossus, Marco Polo, Pyramids, Lighthouse, Great Library, Micelangelo's, Leonardo's and J.S. Bach
Units: 134 settlers, 2 phalanx, 1 archers, 11 musketeer, 1 elephant, 42 crusaders, 5 knights, 2 catapult, 8 caravel, 4 diplomats
Russians, Uncooperative, War, 379 gold, 1 cities
Zulu's, Hostile, Cease Fire, 974 gold, 14 cities
French, Uncooperative, Cease Fire, 51 gold, 1 cities
Spanish, destroyed
Chinese, Hostile, Cease Fire, 94 gold, 2 cities
Greeks, destroyed

Top Bottom