Gotm 97

Magic_gorter

Deity
Civ2 GOTM Staff
Retired Moderator
A new month with a new game of the month.

This time our game will start in the future (jan 2050)....It's a bit like the gotm game we played about 2 years ago. All civ's developed and have almost all techs....no advanced flight and no robotics. All other techs are known. All civ's including you have a fundy government. The game lasts 500 turns (till august 2091) and as you might guess it's a war game....

GOTM 97 A Funny Fundy Game

The game settings
Civilization: Persians
Map: Special map (200x50); 7 civs, round
Difficulty: Emperor
Barbarians: Raging Hordes
Restarts: Off
Spaceship: Not allowed
Techrate: 100 times the normal rate.
No government switching
Winning this gotm is only by conquest.

Starting Techs:
~ all techs except Advanced Flight and Robotics.

Games will be due on May. 10th, 2009.

The original save game was corrupted. I'm sorry for the mistake. I had to make a new scenario (same map), so the original starting location is changed. Please let soon know if the new game works wrong or right.....

Please sent savefiles around jan. 2060 and jan. 2075 and of course just before finishing the game (capturing last city).

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach hem directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file).

Please sent the savegames also to me because Duke still isn't back. That way I can look at the results an tell who has won the GOTM. You can ask for my mailadres. Just sent me a PM.

Attachments

• GOTM97.SAV
    146.1 KB · Views: 549
  • GOTM97.PNG
    GOTM97.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 326
Hello Magic_gorter,
I started the game and there were no techs. Do I need a special version?

I can Confirm that you start with no techs. I loaded the save on original and MGE, both having no techs.

Interesting side note, you do however start in a fundamentalism government.

Hi,
in the first and the second round all other civ's were killed by barbarians.
And in April 2051 occurs a window fault at adress xxx,whatever i do or how i start.
greetings
mercurios

Hello Magic_gorter,
in the new save file the techs are ok.
I have finished the game now. Which files are expected in the upload?

Hey... I'm big Civ2 fan who occasionally lurks around here. This was my first time playing a GOTM. I love playing Civ2, and I only wished I could have played for longer... this seemed shorter than I was expecting. Then again, I had no idea what to expect. And I probably played a little quicker than normal since I was excited to be playing my first one ;). I've thought about playing these for a while now.

Anyway, I sent you a PM for an Email so I can submit. Thanks!

So I want to play this game but I'm pondering the path. I mean, trade is a strength of mine, but setting up a trade empire is of little value when every tech is already discovered and we need to conquer the world. I seem to recall a GOTM where they gave everyone every tech to start with and the computer rolled over to a handful of transports loaded with Howitzers. Granted, we can't build Howitzers, but I am going to think about how to proceed. My inclination is to build a small core of cities, develop a strike force, and have some fun taking down the other civ's. I'm even debating now as to whether or not any WOW would be of a ton of value. Hmmm.....I like these different games, they force me to actually think about what to do. Normal games I pretty much always try to do the same sort of thing. I do, however, love the prospect of being able to build a rock-solid defense and offense so early in the game. I might actually go for pyramids to speed along growth - since I have a fundy government I don't need to hold back growth. In normal games I find the pyramids hard to deal with since at Deity one is often trying to stop growth to ensure happiness. Hmmmm...I look forward to this. Thanks for setting it up Magic! By the way, Magic, I sent you a PM to get your e-mail so I can e-mail you the last GOTM. Oh, anyone wanna have a personal race with me to discover Robotics? I'm betting I can do it in a reasonable amount of time, although it might take a horde of freights to do so. I do love the trade.

Technical issue - anyone else having a problem with CIV crashing at the end of turn on October 2061? I re-started civ several times but it keeps crashing. Suggestions?

I don't know what happened. It crashes with mine game also. When saving as scenario and start as scenario one strange thing happens.....I can chose from one city (I don't remember which one) the freight commodity. It looks like there might be more missing and causes the crash. If I have more time this evening I try to look if I can find more of them. Otherwise it's ok with me that you start again with an earlier save. Did you tried autosave2????

No, I haven't tried the autosav2 yet, I'll do that next. If that doesn't work we'll see about an earlier save. Lucky for me I save every ten turns or so. Thanks for checking it Magic.

Tried the other autosave, got a crash a turn earlier. I might try the other save, but I don't know if I have the patience to play through those turns again and see if it helps. I might just be out for this GOTM.

Hi,
my game hangs on the turn of Feb2061 to March2061. Also when i go back to a savegame of 2055 and try it in another way.
When i start the game as OCC it will do.

mercurios

Top Bottom