Gotm22-Vikings PreGame Discussion

Yeah, for me end-of-turns last disproportionately long as well :( PtW 1.21 on Duron 1GHz/256MB. Like a Huge map at 1000 AD. Oh well, I guess it's worth it.

Time to get started, hoping I will manage to keep the pace of the spoiler threads this month!

Good luck to everyone, and see you in spoiler 1...

P.S. Yes, it does run slower sometimes during the first turns: makes me guess that we'll encounter some Fog...
Hope my laptop can handle it -when I play in the summer, it tends to overheat very fast and swtich off quite abruptly...

Good luck and have fun everyone!:) Hopefully, I will see you all in the GOTM23. As far as I can see, I don't have time to play this month (but as always I reserve the right to change my mind later.;))

Moonsinger,

You could always try a OCC, they go pretty fast.

DenyD

:beer:

OK, so I noticed the new PTW patch was released yesterday (v1.27f). Will I be able to play GOTM22 with this patch? I am eager to jump into multiplayer and see if this resolves some of the issues, but I'm also excited by playing Vikings in GOTM and hope that I can do both.

I recall seeing something like a Modswapper for Civ versions - will this work with the new patch?

What should I do? Can I play 22 with the new patch?

Thanks...

EDITED: Ok, just getting over-eager here - I see other threads addressing this and the consensus (without cracker intervention) is of course - a likely NO.

See:
PTW 1.27 Patch - GOTM Thread
and
Play the World Patch Level - GOTM Thread

Aargh.

Well, I just downloaded the zipfiles and I'll have a go at the game, though I doubt I'll be able to finish, but I'll try anyway....
Good luck everyone...

@darkness

Welcome back from your vacation! I also am starting today, so you will have some company. Good luck in the game and in submitting by the deadline. :)

@svar

That is welcome information, considering I still haven't had time to start... Of course, at this level, I may not last one day, much less 13 days... ;)

Top Bottom