• Communism

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Democratic

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sjorrie

Chieftain
The question i have for you is wich governtment is the best if you can choose from al there are.
I prefer fundtementalism because:

republic: lot of food storrages and unhappy when building units.
democratic: same
monarchy: not much money, always in red so you have to sell your buildings.
despotism: same

Hmm... there have been a lot of these type of polls and threads lately, but I'll wade in all the same. Democracy is the utmost unchallengable best when played correctly. No problems with food storages, whatever that was referring to.
It provides the best population growth potential.
Population = bigger score, and also bigger empire.

If you try and play a democracy like a fundy, you will have unhappiness problems. However, with the right strategy, you can have a high tech army of 400-500 units. Simply use Shakespeares Theatre in a big production city, and also build UN, Women's Suffrage and Statue of Liberty. This will allow you to make war most of the time, ease unhappiness to very low levels, and still have the massive trade bonuses that democracy entails.

Yes, trade, the lifeblood of the game. It gives more science and luxuries, and that is how to win the game. A power democracy can bring in thousands of shields a turn, as well as several technologies EACH TURN.

While the fundy nations are building cavalry, they are being hit with stealth aircraft.

Fighters do not cause unhappiness, and can be built to the hearts content. WS allows two units out with no loss, and that can go up to three or four, before even one red face, or even content face appears, assuming a 30+ city, as most democratic cities will reach, in quick time.

Trade = cash = bribe NONE units, in enemy heartland etc = Free army

The key is to successful democratic warfare is to build what you need selectively. 4 units from 50 cities is 200 units, plus bribe 100+, and produce 50 to 100 from the city with ST. You are immune to bribery, which helps.

Democracy encourage the use of airpower as a tactic, or heavy seapower, as compared to producing hordes of cheap cannon fodder, which is the fundy option.

Playing a power democracy is a rewarding challenge, and once tried, you are reluctant to go any other way.

Nice to see sophisticated rebuttal in that assertion of your case. Why then is communism superior?

My reasons for Democracy are the same as above.

My usual path when it comes to Governments is:
Despotism
Monarchy
Communisim
Democracy

I usually have Democracy before Communisim but I'm always at war and i prefer to use democracy when I'm a powerful nation with the best war materials and after I have the UN. That way I can keep the peace ;)

Dexter

Ah, I can remember when I felt the same as you, ren. I truly loved Communism, and thought It was better than even Democracy. Check out the other government thread, my argument is strong, but nothing cmpared to the one by Simon Darkshade. He convinced me that Democracy is best.

I can't add to his reasons much, but, ohwell... :)

- Your citizens are much happier if you know how to keep them happy, using JSBC is probably the best, as well as ST, in which that city can build "unhappy" units without penalty. Your cities grow very quickly when in WLTKD. Bribery is very useful, in fact, all spy warfare is useful, I usually will destroy SAM batteries so my fighters can better attack cities. Bombers aren't useful, fighters are a much better option. You can increase their range by making them "wait", and ending the turn before they run out of fuel(only in MGE).

Communism, on the other hand, allows for a very large ARMY, a navy or airforce isn't practical under communism because your nation will not be as advanced as a democracy. It has more unhappy people than Democracy because without Martial law, your cities would rebel, unless you have luxuries. Democracy allows for a small army, it isn't needed other than for light border defense and occupation. 50 tanks and 200 fighters is much better than 300 tanks, or 500 fanatics, or whatever you commies use.

You've all yet to see the light of 'The Republic' I see :p

Essentially democracy, but you've got Hawks 50% of the time and are allowed one unit per city roaming about with no happiness penalty. True, the 'No Bribe' effect of Demo is nice, but by the time it's available the others are hardly wealthy enough to even attempt such a thing ;)

I find Fundamentalism the best form of government. It crushes revolts, thus leaving me time to concentrate on crushing my enemies:nuke:

Thank you for your endorsement of my missionary powers, Ohwell.:D

"Cheaper forces, easier money, happier people (generally) No damn senate"

Tsk. A large degree of twisting of logic here, methinks.

The forces cost the same production for everyone, except that communism does have some corruption. They get three free units, but that matters nothing in the overall. What matters is what type of units they are, and when you get them in regards to the enemy.
A power democracy will ultimately have far greater production than communism, and this is used selectively for the right type of units that are then applied selectively. Also, democracy can bribe enemy units all the time, and be immune from the same happening to them.

Communism does not have easier money. The most tax, science and luxuries come from a power democracy, to the extent that it leaves all other pretenders in its wake. When trade is use properly in a democracy, the income is incredible, as is the scientific benefit.

Communism can use martial law to make the people CONTENT, but not happy. In a democracy, there is a far higher rate of happiness, and much larger cities with many, many happy people. The operative word in your statement is "generally":p :)

The senate is no problem whatsoever to anyone worth their salt. It can be bypassed with the UN, a very nice wonder, and if it complains, a simple 1 turn revolution under the Statue of Liberty allows war to be declared, fought and won before anyone can tell the difference. Think of it as asking the Senate to wait in the corridor for 10 minutes while the war is on.

War making in democracy is a different sort of challenge, but when you follow simple common sense principles it is the most rewarding, as is democracy overall. You use airpower, and to a lesser extent selective sea power, to a far greater extent than ground troops, who are only there to march into the cities.

There. That's enough repeating myself for now.

Top Bottom