Governor Appointments

The passing of the Boundaries has now passed.

As for the appointments themselves, Epimethius has promissed a challenge for each of you.

Stand Ready Nominees!

Because of an undemocratic line in the constitution, and some manuvering while I was off partying and not paying attention to this, they actually have every right to be governors. I have no intention therefore of contesting any of this. I am, most likely tomorrow, going to put forth an amendment and law proposals to stop this in the future, as well as to put a line in about non-executive offices such as my own.

Though I think its the least we can ask that they not make the names permenant. :p

Epimethius said:
I think its the least we can ask that they not make the names permenant. :p

As noted in message 3 in this thread, I have already reserved the official naming and Capitol location of the Southern province for the first elected governor. I have currently chosen Hairando (meaning highland) as the Interim province name and Epolenep as the interim capitol.

To my recollection, in the past we usually refrained from appointing governors of new provinces when the lines were drawn near the end of the term, and thus made sure the 1st governor was always elected. Another alternative which we did not have the foresight to do this game is to elect governors of "the next province" during the election cycle before the province is created, so that a ready-made governor is waiting in the wings.

It seems a little silly to argue over whether these fine people should name their provinces. Unless the person doing the complaining has a reasonable chance of winning one of the positions and thereby getting to pick the name, it doesn't seem like it's worth the price of imaginary ink. :p

Here's an additional thought. If the will of the people was to rename something like a province, wouldn't the governor have to follow that will? In which case we're talking about "permanent" names, vs permanent. :lol:

Well, the timing of this is just about as close to the Nominating Process as you could get (another 3 days and we'd have Nom Threads.) :p

Makes me wonder all the yelling that would be had the Borders been ratified on the 26th... The Appointed "Interim" Governors would have a Full Term PLUS a TC.

Daveshack said:
Another alternative which we did not have the foresight to do this game is to elect governors of "the next province" during the election cycle before the province is created, so that a ready-made governor is waiting in the wings.

Wouldn't work this time, because we had 3 "next Provinces".

Besides, it's kinda hard to determine when we would create new Provinces...

Except we may have 1 more Province made of soon-to-be "Occupied" Territory... :mischief:

Article O of the constitution states in part:
Code:
boundries must be defined and approved by the House well ahead of expansion

It looks like the House violated the constitution in this regard ;).

*wonders what would happen if a CC was filed against the entire population for violating article O*

Serriously, if "occupied Rome", Babs, etc are to become provinces then this process should be started sooner rather than later.

I just want to put a note in here about how glad I am our Governors have been appointed to our new Provinces. So far they're doing an excellent job for the cities and lands of their Provinces and I hope to see this continue. Governor Zarn has worked long and hard and now needs a rest. ;)

Tim didn't name Northern province yet at there are no any proposals yet. Epi?
I think its nice idea to allow first governors to name their provinces :). Makes me feel special about it.
I believe all appointed governors are very interested in the game and that they will do their best to prove they are worth the trust they are given.

I'm thinking about running for governorship next term and would like to name a province, but whatever, I really don't see the need for a huge fight over this.

MSTK said:
How are you appointed for governor?

You just kinda stand there and someone points at you and says, "You're a Governor!" :lol:

MSTK said:
How are you appointed for governor?

The Domestic Minister makes recommendations to the pres who makes the appointments. You need to do a couple things to get noticed:
1. Post intelligent well thought out posts on important matters. Its even better if you start threads that are about important issues that get a lot of notice. Don't be obnoxious though.
2. When new provinces are being formed ask the domestic minister to be considered. I did this, and if I hadn't then I probably wouldn't have been appointed.

Also, Appointments occur ONLY when a New Province has been carved out. These Appointments are for the remainder of the Current Term (Exception: If there is no time to get it in the General election, an Appointment might extend to a full term.) The Next term, the Governors of these Provinces become Elected Offices.

As for MOTH's #2: He's right. BUT, don't be beggy-spammy. If you annoy the DM, he/she will speak against you.

I'd suggest Hokken, Tokken, and Nanken for the time being, as temporary names until other things can be chosen. That's simply North, East, and South Rural Districts, respectively. But its not just the name I don't like (though I would like for that to be left open, simply because, unlike build queues, it can be), I don't like any official with any power being appointed. And I'm working on an amendment to our constitution to fix that.

I also think Rikken, in honor of Rik and his namesake Lake, might be a good name for the East.

Cyc said:
You just kinda stand there and someone points at you and says, "You're a Governor!" :lol:

So THAT'S how Arnold got California. I was wondering about that! :crazyeye:

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom