Gr10 - 5CC AWE

1355AD
- Raze Ur.
- Get Bursa to 25spt by RR.
- Ironqorks gets Uskudar to 48spt. Will become 50spt after some RR.

1360AD
- Uskudar is 50spt, Bursa are 25spt

1365AD
- Raze Rome.
- Land on small viking island.
- Iznik is 25 spt.

1370AD
- Raze Stavenger.
- Start factory prebuilds in most cities.

1375AD
- Raze newly settled indian town.
- Land on egyptian/sumerian island.

1380AD
- Raze sumerian island city, but have to load the stack back onto galeons to heal.

1390AD
- Raze Lagash.

1395AD
- Industrialisation is done, start Nationalism to mobilize. All other techs seem to be too expensive and won't pay off. The prebuilds are switched to factories and we'll have them everywhere soon.
- Raze Pompei, but the Knight army is badly damaged after unlucky RNG roll.

1400AD
- We raze Umma. Sumerians are almost gone.
- We are one LB short of razing ehyptian island city. Should do it next turn.

Save

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/GR10_1450AD.SAV

IBT- Lose three workers to an Indian rifle. Lose two sipahi.

Turn 1 (1405AD) Lose a sipahi at Hieraconopolis. Load the remaining troops back on the galleons and sail off to heal. Kill 2 zerks.

Turn 2 (1410AD) Kill a musket a Trondheim. Sink a Roman galleon. Lose a crusader but kill off a jumbo and rifle.

IBT- Lose a musket to a zerk, Indian rifle dies attacking sipahi

Turn 3 (1415AD) Kill musket and rifle and burn Viriconium for 7 gold.
Kill a pair of Indian rifles and more two settler pairs. Sink a Sumerian caravel.

IBT- AC defeats a zerk at Iznik.

Turn 4 (1420AD) Sink an Egyptian galleon.

Turn 5 (1425AD) Destroy Sumer town of Isin defended by rifle. On the Indian front, destroy Dacca and get 462 gold. Kill a jumbo and LB. Trade a frigate for an Egyptian galleon.

Turn 6 (1430AD) Redline Egyptian galleon, then a full health frigate fails to sink it. Another Indian settler pair plus a jumbo.

IBT- Indian galleon dies attacking our frigate

Turn 7 (1435AD) Kill a zerk with sipahi. Destroy Egyptian town of Tanis. No gold.

Turn 8 (1440AD) Did something.

Turn 9 (1445AD) Hieraconopolis defended by 2 rifles and a LB gets torched. Wounded galleon sinks in the harbor. Capture Antium defended by 3 rifles and a pair of LBs. Get MGL Selim. Sell off several improvements for cash. Capture undefended Indus that autorazes for 427 gold.

IBT- Nationalism in, science off.

Turn 10 (1450AD) Sink Indian galleon. Army walks into an empty Punjab, 440 gold into the kitty. Lose two sipahi attacking Abydos. And done.

Everything seems cleared out now between India and Scandanavia. If we can add a coal colony, we can toss some rail down to facilitate movement. Added a lot of rail in our continent, but there isn’t a road network to build on down there in the south. Although the AI hasn’t even tried to build there, so it’s probably not an issue. Next turn, we can land 4 sipahi on the ex-Egyptian lands. Not sure what to do with MGL Selim. As noted, Ghandi has all the cash now.

good progress, I don't think building a coal colony will help since there is no city to actually get this for us at the 2nd continent. Unless we can capture a town with a harbor, then quickly nuild some rails before abandoning at the end of the turn...might be a little tricky though.

I would use the MGL to rush factories or coal plants and all cash we get to rush units...let's just steam roll the AI, I don't think there is much else to do.

Roster:
ThERat - On Deck
Northern Pike
Obormot
M60A3TTS - Just Played
Greebley -Up

I got it.

Since this game is reaching its conclusion, I was thinking of playing
AWM Pangea vs 31 civs with a random civ and random start ( I mentioned several months ago) if I can find the players.

Is there interest in playing such a game?

Preturn: Looks ok. I am going to finish improving our cities though.
I think Sanitation is worthwhile - it seems better than rushing a very few Sapahi. Going to research it. Larger towns will be good.

Early:
Mostly Healing and moving units to the front line.

Mid: Sapahi Army does poorly - It kills 2 rifles & mostly heals.
Raze Viking Capitol (Trondeim)

Late:
Raze Viking City of Copenhagen.
Capture size 12 Jaipur - start workers and then abandon.
Sapahi Army goes from full HP to 3 and hides under the Knight Army. Lahore has lost 3 or so rifles (though I bet it built some back by now).

Notes:
I spread out workers onto squares and then when capturing a town I started them RR'ing. We should have a RR across the lands. They will finish in 12 turns for the most part.

I decided to build a bit of Infrastructure like banks and happiness for increasing above size 12. With coal plants I am hoping we can get some towns to 80 or 100 shields.

Indian Front:

Viking Front:

got it, nice move to capture the town and start to RR. Of course, you had to be lucky that the harbor isn't destroyed :D

by the way, I would be up for that awm 31 civs on huge land...surely more fun than Civ4 AW

save

Pre-Turn
everything looks good
all the money in the world is still with India

1. 1505AD
defeat India settler pair

2. 1510AD
raze lahore for 500gold, sipahi army pretty wounded

IT sanitation is in, electricity next

3. 1515AD
raze newly found Pune for another 250gold

4. 1520AD
while attacking Ganges get a MGL, this will rush the Battlefield medicine
raze town for 268gold
raze Stockholm as well

5. 1525AD
moving towards Hyderabad

6.1530AD
Uskudar in now on 1 turn sipahi duty
take Hyderabad and it still has a harbor, assign workers for RR since some have finished the first round
abandon city at the end of the turn selling all improvements

7.1535AD
send 6 sipahi towards Egyptian Island
autoraze Aarhus
raze last Sumerian city on main continent

8. 1540AD
rush Battlefield medicine, discover a new Icefield in the north

9. 1545AD
raze Buhen on the Egyptian Isle
raze Calcutta for 400gold

10. 1550AD
raze Abydos and another Island is cleared
raze Birka and Vikings have only 1 city on the main continent left
take Kolhapur, but sipahi army gets almost wiped out, cover it with knight army
cannon stack is covered by sipahis and rifle and moves towards their capital
land 4 more sipahis to support

we also have 1 galleon at the former Egyptian city that should move to capture those Islands
we have to ship more units there, this will take some turns
but I do not expect the game back

we get electricity in 6 and should go for RP to deny rubber at least

what's left of India

and the rest of the Civ's

ThERat said:
got it, nice move to capture the town and start to RR. Of course, you had to be lucky that the harbor isn't destroyed :D

by the way, I would be up for that awm 31 civs on huge land...surely more fun than Civ4 AW

Since I made sure we had both Iron and Coal colonies, all we needed was a city. I kind of wished a coal and iron colony was sufficient without any city.

I've got it.

Greebley said:
I was thinking of playing
AWM Pangea vs 31 civs with a random civ and random start ( I mentioned several months ago) if I can find the players.

Is there interest in playing such a game?

I'd like to try this, as long as Civ III runs properly on my fastest computer.

Just wondering what you mean by huge? I would think anything much less than about 250x250 will be very crowded. At least the 160 would need to be bumped some and the tech adjusted some.

I would use the same map I used in the previous continents attempt.

It was adjusted after discussions by Gyaathar IIRC, and played quite well. Tech was definitely slower to give one more time to conquer the AI. It also gives each civ more space than a huge map with 16 civs (It was 250x250). Finally, when the AI settled the map, it stayed under 512 cities (70% water), but a player settling towns CxxC it went over the 512 city limit. This is nice because the initial game won't hit the city limit. I believe boat speed is slightly higher as well.

1550 (0): This is a completely won position :goodjob:; but with only one of our ships anywhere near the enemy island cities, and the Indian campaign still a one-square-a-turn slog, I don't expect to make much progress until the late part of the round.

We could save some time by founding and re-founding a temporary canal city at the top of the Scandinavian isthmus; but since we've avoided tricks involving native cities, as opposed to captured ones, I won't start now.

A Berserker emerges from Reykjavik and cuts down one of our Sips (0-1).

Iznik coal plant --> Sip.

1555 (1): We ride down the Berserker (1-1), but fall back from Reykjavik. I'm going to wait to make this attack (on a hill town) in full force.

Bursa granary --> Sip.

1560 (2): We sink an Indian galleon and its contents, after frigate bombardment (2-1).

1565 (3): Our knight army tramples an Indian LB, and finally locates Madras (3-1).

We lose a Sip to the attack of a Jumbo (3-2).

We get Istanbul to 100 spt at size fourteen.

1570 (4): Thirteen cannon shots achieve eight hits against Delhi, held by seven riflemen and an LB, after which we raze the city for the loss of a Sip (11-3). We destroy Universal Suffrage, and collect 392 gold and eight slaves (four from two settlers and four from razing the town).

We take Reykjavik, held by two musketmen and a Berserker, and hold/abandon it to get some more rails built (14-3).

The cursed Jumbo costs us another Sip before we shoot it down (15-4).

1575 (5): We bombard and sink another Indian galleon, which probably contains a settler (16-4).

Our knight army accounts for another Indian LB (17-4).

Electricity --> Rep Parts, due in eighteen turns at 100%.

1580 (6): We land three riflemen on Molde Island as our stack anchor.

1585 (7): We defeat two Roman riflemen landed next to Edrine and sink the galleon that brought them, though we lose a Sip (20-5).

1590 (8): We have dreadful RPG luck against Bombay, with the final redlined rifleman costing us three Sips, but we raze the town anyway, for 342 gold and five slaves (garrison of three riflemen; 23-8).

We sink an Egyptian galleon and its contents (24-8).

We raze Molde, held by two musketmen, at the cost of one Sip, and sink a caravel when we enter the town, thus eliminating the "strong Vikings" (27-9).

We raze Pisae, held by two riflemen and an LB, and sink a galleon on the way in (31-9).

1595 (9): We begin landing units on Ravenna Island.

1600 (10): We take Ravenna, held by two riflemen, and eliminate the "strong Romans". We sink a galleon when we enter the town (34-9).

By temporarily holding Ravenna and landing Sips there, we're able to take Asyut (garrison of two riflemen) as well, gaining 192 gold. We sink a galleon in port (37-9). There's only one enemy-held island left.

We raze Bangalore, held by three riflemen, at the cost of a Sip (40-10). We gain 233 gold, two slaves, and a treb.

We eliminate an Indian rifle/LB team (42-10).

Four elite victories this round didn't produce a Great Leader.

Well, this situation doesn't require a detailed review of our prospects. ;) With reasonable luck we should win on the next round. I'll just mention that our Sips can heal on ships, as long as they don't do anything that uses their own movement allowances.

Nicely done. I have to hand it to the team, with only two armies and a need to limit the military, this one was well played.

Congratulations to all. :cheers: We got the luck we needed, with no runaway AI civ and the enemy civs on the other continent somewhat limited by lack of land, and we capitalized on it with precise play.

Had 5CC AWE been won before this?

:goodjob: Of course we needed a little luck, but I think we played this very well. The awesome UU helped in this, now the ultimate challenge is random 5CC AWE...

and of course I hope Greebley can start the monarch AW pangaea vs 31 Civs

Top Bottom