GR16 - AWE Random setup vs 30 civs

Its a bit of a gamble: The early game would likely be a bit dull, but the ending could be intensely interesting especially if we are attacking superiior tech and forces. OTOH if a single AI dominates, it could be a boring culture win for the AI.

It is also possible there could be other islands we can reach. This is almost likely if it is archipellago.

We would need to rush straight for Lit and Map Making - if we lose the GLib we are likely doomed.

I would be inclined to continue it, but if ppl won't enjoy the game then that is a problem.

An alternative would be to start another start as Gr17 but keep this game to play in the background for those interested - I personally would like to see how it plays out. This is if vmxa and M60 really don't like this one and someone other than me is willing to try this start.

There would probably be a full week+ to play this one if we go with 2 games It would be a leisurely paced game.

So vote:
1) I want a new start.
2) I am willing to play this or another start but cannot play 2 games.
3) I can play 2 games.

If noone votes 1 we play this game only.
If someone votes 1 and most othes vote 2 we abandon this one.
If someone votes 1 and 3+ players vote 3 we play both this game and another start with this game having a smaller team.

Edit: I vote 3 for myself.

My bad, I failed to notice this was a random terrain start. :sad:

You can drop me from the roster if you want to continue this game. I'd prefer to play a pangea or continents map at 250x250. I'm already doing an archi map in TLM-01, and I'm not crazy about archi maps to begin with.

If the team wants to continue this one, I'm fine with lurking. (I guess that's option 1a. ;) )

I am with M60ATTS after thinking about it. We both play that archipelago sort of AW game already.
In fact we are short of players there and maybe you could join there, Greebley. Thus, I vote for 1 as well

I vote for case 2. I sympathize with the arguments for continuing and for restarting, but I can't play two games on this scale.

markh hasn't voted, but it appears Greebley is the only one choosing to vote for 3. I think that's pretty much a call for a restart.

This was my 3rd attempt. The first attempt was Greece. We didn't find anyone in 50 turns so I checked. We would have been on a smaller continent ( of 3) with 2 other civs that would have fallen easily.

The second game was Russia. We lost a warrior vs warrior battle with our warrior in the hills fortified doing no damage. We then lost to a Warrior vs our spear fortified in a city doing no damage the second battle. Not suprisingly we lost that one quickly.

We are playing the 3rd game. We are India.

Building: Warrior, Warrior, Worker, Warrior, Warrior, Barracks(Just starting).

3700 BC: Another nearby wheat.

3500 BC: Spot Byzantine Warrior (2).

3100 BC: We lose a Warrior vs Warrior battle ( we have 2 left). The other one doesn't attack.

3050 BC: Byz Warrior attacks and loses. Injured Byz warrior retreats. We follow him with our 2 Warriors on our turn (has 1 hp).

3000 BC: Go to Vet with our warrior killing the 1 hp Byz Warrior. Spot a Barbarian. Spot a Byzantine Border.

Notes:
We have killed the Byz attack of 2 Warrior and no other Byz units have been spotted. We lost 1 warrior.
There are Barbarians. Remember they are random so could be heavy.

A strong food start despite the lack of fresh water. I did finally find a river on our side but it is 6 or so squares away. Our biggest danger is being surrounded by enemies.

well, we need to go for maths I'd say so we can build SoZ. We need masonry for a prebuild and then alpha -> maths -> writing -> lit for the GL?

Or is that the wrong assumption?

Our biggest danger is being surrounded by enemies.

Good call. :lol:

3000 (0): We're the second-wealthiest nation on earth, after only the Vikings.

2900 (2): An American scout appears from the southeast. We declare war and destroy the scout.

2850 (3): Three American warriors appear, along with a Roman force of an archer and two warriors, so we have our third enemy. This may be another abortive game.

We're one irritating shield short of being able to pop-rush Delhi's barracks.

The Roman archer attacks one of our warriors on a mountain, and dies (1-0).

2800 (4): We're obliged to declare war on yet a fourth opponent, the Persians. Like the Americans and the Romans, they appear in the SE.

We pop-rush Delhi's barracks.

Our warrior south of the capital lures a Roman warrior into attacking by moving onto a hill, and wins (2-0).

2750 (5): Our warrior defending the forest next to our capital defeats one American warrior and depletes another, but falls (3-1).

2710 (6): The two remaining American warriors don't attack Delhi, though in terms of HP they have a 50-50 chance of taking it.

Delhi warrior --> warrior.

2630 (8): Delhi warrior --> warrior.

2590 (9): We get some decent RNG luck and strike down three warriors attacking Delhi--two American and one Persian (6-1). Our veteran warrior promotes to elite.

2550 (10): Not much. We never saw a Byzantine unit this round.

With four warriors in Delhi, and a fifth about to appear, we've staved off immediate elimination. Obviously there isn't much hope when we've encountered so many enemies so early, though we might get a short break if we've been facing initial units so far. We do have an elite warrior, and so the distant prospect of a mighty warrior army to restore our fortunes. ;)

Four civs, nasty indeed. It would be so cool to get to AC's and WE's. Both with an extra HP, what bunch of armies they would make. I have not played India n so long.

If they go for pilliage, life will get very harsh.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/43630/GR16_2150_BC.SAV

IBT of 2510BC- Reg American warrior dies against elite warrior. It was close, the first four hp losses were ours, until the AI went on a 0-3 run and died.

2430BC- Start a temple as I have to up the lux. Warrior runs into the Arabs 4 north of the capital. Sure, join the crowd.

IBT- Rome loses a reg warrior and pillages a road.

2390BC- Move one more tile and find an Aztec warrior. WTF? Greebley, is this 30 civs on a 250x250 map or 25x25? :crazyeye:

Completed temple and started a settler.

2150BC- Aztecs have 2 vet warriors now next to Delhi. Settler in 1 and done.

Post turn: What we need is our island back! Yes, I should have stayed closer to home, but give the need to find some water, it seemed worth the risk. Guess not.

Top Bottom