[NFP] Gran Colombia first look

Told you El Libertador would be an agenda :p

"Wow another OP Warmonger." was my first thought. Like... bonus production, food, better units, FREE great people. and then we get additional movement to all units *on top of that*.

I think we may be looking at an S tier civ if the bonuses stay the same.

I guess only one commandante per era limits them a little bit, but wow, they're going to be strong and aggressive. That one bonus movement is going to make them super deadly, and immediately also means they get super-scouts early. An with that early outback station-like tile improvement, that should give them a solid production/gold boost to play with. Promote+move on the same turn is a sneaky bonus too which means you don't have to worry as much. Even just against barbarians early, being able to promote and get another attack will give you a little more leeway early.

Looks like El Dorado (?) gives +3 gold and +2 culture to adjacent tiles they snuck in that shot late.

+1 to every unit is crazy. Mongolia only has +1 to cavalry. This is like when Maori dunked on Norway's ability.

+4 CS... That stacks? Damn.

The leader model looks great. Love Simon's look. But I am a little let down this is yet another domination civ.

I'm a bit underwhelmed with this one to be honest. The movement speed buff is nice, but the civilisation as a whole seems rather shallow. Was really hoping for some bonuses tied to liberating cities.

Also, anyone else creeped out by his teeth?
While that would've been cool, I think the precedent shows that Civs built around that mechanic tend to be a little weak. Mapuche for my money are one of the worst Civs in the game, and a large part of that is owed to their Leader UA. I'm fine with Gran Colombia being a more well-rounded domination bag.

A pedro reskin now

I'm guessing the next civ leaders in the pack will be reskins. It would have been nice if they weren't, but I assumed the pandemic has stalled a lot of some close cooperation necessary for new skins.

Every expansion there's at least one very military-focused Civ that just doesn't really appeal to me and it looks like these guys are it. The buffs are crazy powerful and it looks like they'll be very strong but just not really my cup of tea.

+1 to every unit is crazy. Mongolia only has +1 to cavalry. This is like when Maori dunked on Norway's ability.

+4 CS... That stacks? Damn.

The leader model looks great. Love Simon's look. But I am a little let down this is yet another domination civ.
They need some tuning to take their power level down a tad. +4 one time would be okay for a unique like that. I think they just over synergize with Comandantes and the leader movement.

I mentioned unique Great General somewhere, but I don't remember where.

Stupidly strong for domination and with a strong unique improvement. Can do quite well in diplomatic and religious, because of the extra movement to all units.

Hmm, seems like a Civ of pretty straightforward but powerful buffs... doesn’t seem that interesting to play unfortunately.

I wish they’d stuck to the unique general buffs only... the extra movement and free move on promotion pushes them into silly powerful territory

My partner was very pleased with the announcement haha, as he loves military Civs. So I’ll have my peaceful Ladysixsky peaceful game and he can go wage liberation across the world :) (and if he decides to liberate my glorious farmlands, he can have a crossbowman level javelin to his face :D)

Hacienda, do we know when it unlocks? It looks from the video that they are quite far along. But that 8000 gold could just be a test environment!

That music though! I’ll be glad to meet him in my games <3

Crazy yield next to what I assume is El Dorado (at 1:48)

Attachments

• eldorado.PNG
    eldorado.PNG
    656.5 KB · Views: 298
Interesting that the ability has an interaction with the Ages system. I thought that this came with rise and fall and that they where trying to design the civs to be fully compatible with the base game
the ages system existed before RF, it just didn’t have the golden age and dark age things

generally, simon bolivar represents what i feared with NF: really generic abilities because they decided not to require the other expansions. They’re good and they represent Colombia decently well, but they’re really not that interesting as abilities

I'm guessing the next civ leaders in the pack will be reskins. It would have been nice if they weren't, but I assumed the pandemic has stalled a lot of some close cooperation necessary for new skins.

My hope is that they aren’t when the dlc actually releases, or that they are only reskinned on the surface level and the actual animations are different.

And if neither is true, let’s hope they come back and give them actual unique animations and such after the pandemic.

Top Bottom