1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Gran Colombia first look

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by tedhebert, May 19, 2020.

1. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

Told you El Libertador would be an agenda :p

"Wow another OP Warmonger." was my first thought. Like... bonus production, food, better units, FREE great people. and then we get additional movement to all units *on top of that*.

I think we may be looking at an S tier civ if the bonuses stay the same.

2. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I guess only one commandante per era limits them a little bit, but wow, they're going to be strong and aggressive. That one bonus movement is going to make them super deadly, and immediately also means they get super-scouts early. An with that early outback station-like tile improvement, that should give them a solid production/gold boost to play with. Promote+move on the same turn is a sneaky bonus too which means you don't have to worry as much. Even just against barbarians early, being able to promote and get another attack will give you a little more leeway early.

Looks like El Dorado (?) gives +3 gold and +2 culture to adjacent tiles they snuck in that shot late.

Pure24 and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  3. pokiehl

pokiehl King

Great job Firaxis! Love the design and it's so unique to get a unique Great Person.

4. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

OMG, Gran Colombia is going to be incredibly fun to play. And that song...that song is awesome :wow:

Ondolindë and Guandao like this.
  5. criZp

criZp Emperor

Nice jacket he was wearing.

6. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis Prince

+1 to every unit is crazy. Mongolia only has +1 to cavalry. This is like when Maori dunked on Norway's ability.

+4 CS... That stacks? Damn.

The leader model looks great. Love Simon's look. But I am a little let down this is yet another domination civ.

nzcamel, Pitohui and TCBB like this.
  7. Jewelrunna

Jewelrunna Warlord

While that would've been cool, I think the precedent shows that Civs built around that mechanic tend to be a little weak. Mapuche for my money are one of the worst Civs in the game, and a large part of that is owed to their Leader UA. I'm fine with Gran Colombia being a more well-rounded domination bag.

8. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I guess that Gran Colombia and the Maya will be competing for plantation clusters.

AvianBritish, Guandao, 679x and 4 others like this.
  9. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

I'm guessing the next civ leaders in the pack will be reskins. It would have been nice if they weren't, but I assumed the pandemic has stalled a lot of some close cooperation necessary for new skins.

Guandao, 679x, altayrneto and 3 others like this.
  10. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Every expansion there's at least one very military-focused Civ that just doesn't really appeal to me and it looks like these guys are it. The buffs are crazy powerful and it looks like they'll be very strong but just not really my cup of tea.

11. Kibikus

Kibikus Warlord

From what I saw, they still earn Great Generals and the combat bonus stacks with the Comandante one, that's pretty good.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  12. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

yes, this might be another god tier civilization.

nzcamel likes this.
  13. Sostratus

Sostratus Emperor

They need some tuning to take their power level down a tad. +4 one time would be okay for a unique like that. I think they just over synergize with Comandantes and the leader movement.

nzcamel, Jewelrunna, AntSou and 3 others like this.
  14. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I mentioned unique Great General somewhere, but I don't remember where.

Stupidly strong for domination and with a strong unique improvement. Can do quite well in diplomatic and religious, because of the extra movement to all units.

Stilgar08 and DeutschDachs like this.
  15. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Hmm, seems like a Civ of pretty straightforward but powerful buffs... doesn’t seem that interesting to play unfortunately.

I wish they’d stuck to the unique general buffs only... the extra movement and free move on promotion pushes them into silly powerful territory

nzcamel likes this.
  16. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Prince

My partner was very pleased with the announcement haha, as he loves military Civs. So I’ll have my peaceful Ladysixsky peaceful game and he can go wage liberation across the world :) (and if he decides to liberate my glorious farmlands, he can have a crossbowman level javelin to his face :D)

Hacienda, do we know when it unlocks? It looks from the video that they are quite far along. But that 8000 gold could just be a test environment!

That music though! I’ll be glad to meet him in my games <3

civviefan likes this.
  17. Nassim

Nassim Chieftain

Crazy yield next to what I assume is El Dorado (at 1:48)

Attached Files:

Mort_Q, 679x, Guandao and 4 others like this.
  18. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

I think I'm with everybody in thinking that the extra movement will make Bolivar a Monster to deal with. He will liberate you so fast you'll don't know what hit you.

nzcamel, Kjimmet, 679x and 1 other person like this.
  19. Caprikel

Caprikel Warlord

North Carolina, but secretly a Minnesotan
    I feel like they need a malus to balance out these powerful abilities. Since it seems to use a R&F mechanic, maybe giving them lower loyalty or something would be thematic.

nzcamel and Weraptor like this.
  20. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy King

the ages system existed before RF, it just didn’t have the golden age and dark age things

generally, simon bolivar represents what i feared with NF: really generic abilities because they decided not to require the other expansions. They’re good and they represent Colombia decently well, but they’re really not that interesting as abilities

My hope is that they aren’t when the dlc actually releases, or that they are only reskinned on the surface level and the actual animations are different.

And if neither is true, let’s hope they come back and give them actual unique animations and such after the pandemic.