Graphics Errors with BAT Mod

If you give me a couple days I'll package up a corrected update. Was actually working on it, however got sidetracked by a couple of issues that crept up in LoR.
Yay Phungus!! I can't wait. Since either my machine seems to exist outside the normal time-space continuum, or I just can't seem to explain how to fix this so it works for everyone, this is just wonderful.

If it helps, the only graphics problem I've noticed after I did my fix was KaytieKat's pink forge thing, and then only in the Renaissance, and only playing certain civs, like America, for instance. And it seems to only be the forge.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

If it helps, the only graphics problem I've noticed after I did my fix was KaytieKat's pink forge thing, and then only in the Renaissance, and only playing certain civs, like America, for instance. And it seems to only be the forge.

Hi

Yeah that seem to be only gilitch now for me--other than GW and his pink eye liner hehe. But other than that it working fine now. I can even exit a game to the main menu which b4 would ALWAYS crash to desktop.

Kaytie

Poor George. That shade just makes him look so un-butch. Maybe some earth tones... :lol:

I've tried all of the fixes mentioned here. I was actually able to get into a crashed file with the latest fix but many turns later the same thing. Crash.

Error msg: Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphic settings.
File:\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NidX9Source TextureData.cpp,Line:321

Trying to actually lower my Graphics settings but this was never a problem before the Bat, Bug, VD mods were loaded.

Running Windows 7

You guys are doing great work I hope a solution can be found...

Is this why Civ5 has not been released yet... Because of all of the technical issues with Vista and Windows7?

I don't think Windows has anything to do with these problems. All these saves crash on my XP machine. There are a lot of things that can go when when specifying graphics elements, and without a large staff to test each new unit separately, mistakes make it into the release.

With BUG even there are features that I cannot test every case with, for example the diplomacy events caused blank diplomacy screens to come up under some rare cases such as an AI gifting you a city. Bugs get through; that's just a fact with software systems. They are too large to test everything.

The shear number of civilization/unit/era/building combinations make it impossible for graphics mods like VD to test everything. We had a few errors with VD 7.5, but nothing like this. I think the mod got to a magic breaking point of size.

Hey all, I'm having the same problems and when I tried the switch-back-to-VT7.5 fix, I got the "failed to uncompress game date" error message.

Thing is, I was this/close to winning the game, and I'm anxious to finish! And I love love love the BUG/BAT mod.
I know I'm being impatient, but I gotta go back to work/reality tomorrow..... and I wanna rule the world first!

Leading to my question.... what's the easiest/surest-to-work way to move forward quickly? I tried going back to BAT 2.0, but the game save said it was looking for 2.1 and the game crashed. I unloaded the 2.1 Mod in the game, and loaded in 2.0 before I tried to load the game. Also, when I uninstalled 2.1, I got a message saying that I would need to uninstall BUG also, but in the BUG folder (in My Documents), there is no uninstall file on my computer.

What about the option of using BAT 2.1 but uninstalling VT?

Is there any way for me to move forward in this game, without waiting for BAT 2.1 fixes?

You could try removing the VD files; I just don't know exactly which ones they are (I do BUG not BAT). No, you don't have to uninstall BUG separately from BAT.

Alerum used the optional components of BULL, so you can't just fake BAT anymore with an empty folder. Well, you could try that; you'd know immediately (crash) if it wasn't going to work.

1. Install BUG using the EXE and choose the multi-player install
  2. Go to BTS/Mods
  3. Rename "BUG Mod 4.2" to "BAT Mod 2.1"
That's the faster way to game continuation. At least you'll have BUG. It will crash immediately if you had set any units to Sentry While Healing or any of the other new Sentry commands.

Thanks, Emperor.

You got me thinking... I just renamed BAT 2.0 to BAT 2.1, renamed the real BAT 2.1 to "BAT 2.1 Original" and the game bought my little trick!

I am back in business, and thanks much! :D

I think the mod got to a magic breaking point of size.
Yup. Critical mass. I'm hoping that phungus will be able to fix it. Has there been any word on his progress recently?

Sorry, I'm not sure when I'll get to that now.

Sorry, I'm not sure when I'll get to that now.
Yup. R/L can be a nuisance. Well, the more I fiddle with this, the more I learn. Maybe I'll take a whack at fixing it if I can. As long as it's ok with everyone. Stay tuned.

Hi, I'm new to to downloading mods and don't know much technical stuff so... Ive got a problem. I downloaded the BUG Mod and it works perfectly but, when I tried to download the BAT Mod I get a screen that pops up and says: The BAT Mod 2.1 is not installed Patch opreation cannot continue
Could anyone help me with this?

Extract with 7zip and remove Varietas Delectat v8.0.FPK and Cultural Citystyles v0.80.FPK

edit: EF is right of course, without BAT 2.1 installed the patch won't help much. I somehow assumed BAT was installed too..

Hi, I'm new to to downloading mods and don't know much technical stuff so... Ive got a problem. I downloaded the BUG Mod and it works perfectly but, when I tried to download the BAT Mod I get a screen that pops up and says: The BAT Mod 2.1 is not installed Patch opreation cannot continue
Could anyone help me with this?

BAT 2.1.1a is a patch which means that it requires you to first download and install BAT 2.1. BAT 2.1.1a contains only the files that need fixing in BAT 2.1. So

1. Download BAT 2.1
  2. Install it
  3. Run the 2.1.1a installer
  4. Play BAT!

Well I did what was mentioned above (by emperor) and... it didnt work. not sure if i sent it to the wrong folder or what, so I could use a little help.
P.S I am running Windows Vista

Well I did what was mentioned above (by emperor) and... it didnt work. not sure if i sent it to the wrong folder or what, so I could use a little help.

Did you try uninstalling everything and installing again?

I would suggest disabling UAC before the installation.

Remember when I said I know nothing about technical stuff well... ummm... UAC?

Can you please describe exactly what happened and didn't happen, please? It's very difficult to help without some detail. :)

Top Bottom