Graphics for scout on Xbox

RazerRick

Chieftain
In the early game when scout (yours or barbarians) is on screen flashing triangles sweep across the entire screen making the game nearly impossible to play. If you can zoom the screen in close enough that no scouts are on rendered on screen the flashing stops but this is not a workable solution. Even restarting the game is usually not effective. I have also tried lowering Xbox resolution to 720/360 with no change. Any suggestions or news about a fix?

Dont wait any early news. Things will eventually be fixed, but it might take a while.

Only solution I found was to restart my XBox.... even starting a new game had the same issue

Only solution I found was to restart my XBox.... even starting a new game had the same issue
Well.. as of this morning, that option no longer clears the issue up. XBox did an update for my machine, and I can only get 10 or so moves into a game and the graphic bug starts. I played all day yesterday without this issue...
Anyone come up with a solution to this yet?

I am still waiting for a good answer. I have tried restarting a new map several times and had no success. I finally started a map that seemed to have no issues. Played about 100 turns and quit for the day. Loaded the next day and graphics issues came back making it unplayable. After several reboots with no success I tried a hard reset: press and hold Xbox button until system turn off then turn it back on. This worked for me on this game so far, not sure if it will work in all cases. Not sure yet if the issue will return. Try the hard reset and let us know if it works for you.

That worked prior to this XBox update I got this morning... now even that does not seem to do anything to help

Well.. XBox did another update for me this morning, and the game works fine... scout glitch gone....

And.... XBox did ANOTHER update this morning, and the scout glitch is back and game unplayable.... this is getting old

And.... XBox did ANOTHER update this morning, and the scout glitch is back and game unplayable.... this is getting old
Can you go back on previous patch on XBOX?

Cut off the cat scout DLC. Fixed the issue. I had the same problem.
Not sure what cat scout DLC is, but in any case I am playing on Xbox one with no dlc installed so this is not an option for me.

Edit: if I zoom in on the scout he does seem to be accompanied by a cat. Still no DLC option to disable, however.

As of today 12/22, my Xbox indicates I have the latest console update, dated 12/11 so I don't think frequent updates are at issue.

After some experimentation this problem seems to show up more frequently when I have played another game and then returned to Civ 6. From this I gather it may have something to do with the game loading from the cache? Unfortunately even a hard reset does not ensure this rendering artifact(?) goes away. When unable to solve through hard reset the only solution is to delete any of your scouts and hope the AI does not build any more, or abandon the existing game and continually reset until you get a clean game then hope for the best.

I love civilization but there is absolutely no incentive to purchase any DLC if I have this much trouble with the vanilla version.

Last edited:
After additional research, I discovered that linking you Xbox account to 2K Account, DLC is automatically installed. Clicking on downloadable content and the the installed tab revealed DLC: Scout Cat was installed and enabled. I disabled it, hopefully issue will be resolved.

Top Bottom