GRAPHICS: Improved Wonder pics

Is there any chance that anybody out there still has the template files for this mod? I'd love to update these for Conquests.

Agreed!
Any chanche to get this for all the new wonders in C3C? This is a topic
definetely worth being looked into.

Not bad, but to be honest, I liked the old ones better. They seem graphically more appealing to me.

Old template anyone? Would be great.

Ok guys, I mailed the Aurthor in order to ask him for the templates.
I was lucky to reach him rather quickly and today, he finally sent me the Zip File with his old templates.

Since I'm not much of a Photoshop Ace (and currently not able to use it anyway), I'm begging for an update. Any volunteers for doing this?
I think the community would be very grateful.

Note: Oops...I guess I'll have to find a server for the file. Might take me some time, hang on there. Thanks to the original author for his cooperation!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72644

I am about half way done on this format.

I hope to have them done in a couple of days.

I have made three versions of splashes with additional info:

1) I posted a completed new format version that showed more of the picture that included a new background.

2) I made from scratch Il Mafioso type template because his was no longer current and I got tired of waiting.

3) I have decided to go with another third version that has no info on the picture that the about thread displays.

I've updated these files to be used with Conquests. New traits, new wonders, a little Tourist Attraction thingie, everything. Thanks go out to Alessandro not only for his original files, but for his skill at layering the template in Photoshop. I learned a thing or two from his work while cranking these out. Anyway, enjoy. Here's your preview...

Files located here

:eek: Nice job shirleyrocks. :goodjob:

By the way, all the wonder pics can be put in the "Civilization III\Conquests\Art\Wonder Splash" folder instead of the seperate Wonder Splash folders as described in your readme. All/Any files in the Conquests folders will overwrite those in previous versions of Civ3. Just a tip for you so when newbies read it they won't have to go through the extra work of installing these into seperate folders when they don't have to. ;)

Awesome! Been waiting for these for a long time. Great job!

Hmmm, it seems to make my game crash. I installed it last night, the first wonder I built was the Statue of Zues today. I could hear that drum hit, and the tingly noise, but then it told me that it had generated errors and would close.

I have C3C 1.00. I have backups of the old ones, but these are really great, and I would like to use them.

I'm getting crashes too, Dale, although my game simply exits. Any idea what the error message said? That could be helpful.

I have a couple of ideas as to what might be causing this. I'll have some time to look into this tonight.

It dosn't say anything helpful at all, just says civ3conquests.exe has caused errors and will now exit. Then something about if the problem persists to contact the software manufactuer. Then it has a Cancel button.

I've gotten the same error before a few times, just at random times, but I've always been able to restart and play from the last autosave and it's fine. I've tried doing that a few times, but it crashes every time. Although I haven't tired any other wonder besided SoZ. Also I did install all the files just in the conquests folder like that above post said I could, but the SoZ is a Conqests wonder anyway, so it shouldn't be in any other folder.

I'll mess around late tonite some more, right now I've got a real good game going on, so I'm going finish that then try to figure this out.

I've got Windows 2000 Pro, too, if that helps at all.

Top Bottom