Graphics/Sound Problems? - Please post your DX Logs.

Hello friends...

I can't see anybody interested in helping.. Is anybody out there?

I have a Gateway laptop, and it looks like I'm not the only one with problems, tho no one has experienced the same problem as mine. I installed the game, the 1.5x patch and rebooted, after all this, double clicked to start and it stops and gives me an error window. So mine doesn't even starts. This is what the log file has: "[2704.234] ERR: InitWinApp() failed, exiting". The windows error says: Sid Meier's Civilization 4 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. (yea right!!!) And of course I'm not sending anything to windows, sure they are not responsible. So the data in the error report reads: The AppName: civilization4.exe AppVer: 1.5.2.1736 ModName: civilization4.exe
ModVer: 1.5.2.1736 Offset: 000bbb81
DxDiag attached.
Someone please help... I loved CivIII.:crazyeye:

Thanks.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    46.9 KB · Views: 142
I don't know how to post a picture, but I will attempt to describe my problem.
The graphics appear to be fine in the top right corner of the screen, but the rest will not show terrain. It will show food bonus' etc. and info when i hover the mouse over a square, but no terrain, just black. If i move up, the black follows, so most of the time my units sre standing in black.
What does this mean? I presume my graphics card is fine, since the graphics do work in places.

Ok, allow me to attempt a better description. In the top right corner is the advisors toolbar. There are some trees, a nice little river and the sea. Pleasant. At the bootom are all the toolbars and buttons that should be there. Top left is the gold. But the rest of the main game screen is black. I switched on the resources and it came up, but still no terrain. My unit is standing in the middle of it, so it is explored. Others have spoken of a similar problem, and the soliution has been a better graphics card. But since mine shows some terrain, this can't be the problem, can it?

Would someone please offer me some experienced advice? I'm in the middle of a huge map(terra), 18 civilizations campaign- but now I'm either crashing with video/graphics problems or my cursor(the flore de le) starts to blink in and out and loses the ability to click on things.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39.1 KB · Views: 100
Marshall Thomas said:
Would someone please offer me some experienced advice? I'm in the middle of a huge map(terra), 18 civilizations campaign- but now I'm either crashing with video/graphics problems or my cursor(the flore de le) starts to blink in and out and loses the ability to click on things.
DxDiag Previously: Crashed in Direct3D (stage 2) is a bit of a concern. It also shows no drivers installed for your graphics device.
Take a bit of time and install updated video & audio drivers as well as DirectX 9.0c again. Delete the hidden \cache folder. Defragment your drive. Most of these tips are in the readme file. Make sure you're using the patched game version 1.52. The patch and readme are linked atop the forum pages.
Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Thanks a lot for your reply. How do I install updated video and sound drivers? I'm going to use the DirectX you reccomended right now. Thanks again.

i need your help some1 ok i load up the game and as i go to PLAY NOW and begin the campaign all i can see is black and i can hardly see my units. can somebody help me ASAP plz thx

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    42.6 KB · Views: 79
Marshall Thomas said:
Thanks a lot for your reply. How do I install updated video and sound drivers? I'm going to use the DirectX you reccomended right now. Thanks again.
You typically get the driver updates at your computer manufacturer's support site or the specific chip manufacturer. Try Dell first then nVidia if necessary. The recommendations in the Fix-It list (stickied) are good to work through if you continue having severe issues.
Good luck.

Ok, my problem seems to be occuring to some more people, but i didn't see the answer anywhere.

Wonder Movies (including end-game movie). They stop at every second. It is the only problem i had with the game so far.

I hope the issue has been fixed before...

There is my DX :

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    40.6 KB · Views: 71
Hi guys,

I'm having CTDs at random times through the game at least once an hour. They seem to increase in quantity the further into the game i go (haven't got past the renaissance yet). My computer i bought about 4 weeks ago but i'm not having problems with anything bar CIV4. The video card is an x300se w/ 128MB and ive got a gig of DDR2. After eading other posts i'm trying omega drivers but i don't think they have made a difference. Its also a P4 @3.0GHz. I'm really keen to actually be able to finish a game so if someone could have a look at my dxdiag that would be brilliant.

Thanking you in advance

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    70.7 KB · Views: 136
I see that a lot of people have this problem but I can't seem to find the solution posts. . .

I recently discovered and purchased CIV4 (3/8/06) after being a big fan of Civ over time (have CIV3 and Civ). Anyway. . .

I bought the game and quickly discovered that my integrated Intel video card would not work. So I bought a new card. It makes my other games look incredible from what I had before.

My Civ problem is that the intro stutters pretty bad and the wonder videos stutter as well. Further, after playing the game for about an hour or sometimes less, it slows down to a crawl. I know I could lower the settings but I don't think I should have to after upgrading my hardware. Is my upgrade really not what I thought it was? That would be unfortunate.

I've updated the game with the newest patch and I upgraded the video drivers. My sound card driver's most recent patch is from 2002 (when I purchased the computer) so I didn't download that yet.

Any advice? I'm not very tech savvy unfortunately.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    36.2 KB · Views: 154
I am about as non technical as you can get.

When I play Civ IV my screen will black out and usually, after a few moments come back.

Though from mid-game on, it will black out, the cursor will reappear and nothing else. I can close the game via task manager, but cannot restart Civ IV unless I reboot the computer.

I have an AMD Althalon 64 3200 with 512 megs of RAM, an onboard soundcard and an ATI Radeon 9550 256 megs.

Anyone who can help would be a guru to me.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    38.9 KB · Views: 135
ajungk said:
Hello friends...

I can't see anybody interested in helping.. Is anybody out there?

I have a Gateway laptop, and it looks like I'm not the only one with problems, tho no one has experienced the same problem as mine. I installed the game, the 1.5x patch and rebooted, after all this, double clicked to start and it stops and gives me an error window. So mine doesn't even starts. This is what the log file has: "[2704.234] ERR: InitWinApp() failed, exiting". The windows error says: Sid Meier's Civilization 4 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. (yea right!!!) And of course I'm not sending anything to windows, sure they are not responsible. So the data in the error report reads: The AppName: civilization4.exe AppVer: 1.5.2.1736 ModName: civilization4.exe
ModVer: 1.5.2.1736 Offset: 000bbb81
DxDiag attached.
Someone please help... I loved CivIII.:crazyeye:

Thanks.

i have the same problem but only occurs occasionally, annoying as got it to work yesterday but prob pressed shortcut button cumulatively 100 times but just will no work i have desktop and get the exact same error in my init.log

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    51.2 KB · Views: 113
  • MSinfo.txt
    477.9 KB · Views: 320
You've got a problem with copy protection. Check if there's an update for the firmware of your CD/DVD drive.

BTW I hope your civ4 version is not 1.52 like the quoted (AppVer: 1.5.2.1736) but the latest, 1.61.

i can't see tribes, farms o things like that in the map. i can see cities and units.
i have riva tuner and i tried both forced vertex and pixel shaders and no override option. i use civilization four without any expansion and have patched with the 1.61 version. i also attach a screenshot of the tutorial i thing i should see a tribe there but i cant.nothing else to say.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    45.2 KB · Views: 847
  • civ.JPG
    civ.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 96
Ok, I'm having the skipping video issue with Civ4 BTS.

The intro and victory movies both skip every few seconds, but my wonder movies fortunately work just fine.

This is a rather recent occurance for me, but not entirely new (my old computer used to have the complete skipping movie package).

Long story short: My intro and victory movies skip in both audio and the video itself, but they used to work just fine a short time ago.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39.6 KB · Views: 106
Top Bottom