SneakyBaever

Chieftain
There is a certain graphical feature in Civ V that many are not aware of. The first post of this thread lays it out nicely (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/continent-flavors.599154/).

I realized long ago that whether or not I was on a pretty 'continent texture pack' was very important to my enjoyment of the game, since the European flavor is so much more aesthetically pleasing than the others. I happen to just play a game for the first time since 2016, and the game is still wonderful when I'm able to ignore the ugly brown looking grassland, but it seriously impacts my willingness to play for the amount of time needed in Civ games.

I humbly ask for assistance in finding a workaround for this matter. My initial idea was to just replace the textures for the non-european 'continent texture packs' with the european textures and rename them so they still work correctly. In particular, I tried copying then renaming all the files in that manner in my C:/.../steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Assets/terrain/pieces directory, but no luck with that. Replacing the textures still seems like the simplest solution to me, but I may be missing something necessary to do that. I'd also be fine with some sort of mod that makes it so the continent you spawn on is the good textured one, or some other sort of workaround.

Also FWIW, I have game development experience in games heavily utilizing XML, just not as much experience on the art/graphics side of things. If anyone could help me it would be really really appreciated since I love this game and this is the only thing stopping me from really getting into Civ V again.

Top Bottom