[GS] Great Bath On Multiple Rivers

jsurpless

Warlord
I managed to place the Great Bath on a tile between two rivers, hoping that maybe it would work on both of them... but I guess it doesn't since the lower river flooded... so I'm wondering now, I see that the Great Bath is on the upper river for some reason but I also see that the pop-up says 'river(s)', implying that a tile can be on multiple rivers? If that tile isn't on multiple rivers, what would be?
upload_2019-2-18_21-10-29.png

I tried this just now... seems only works on one river? I get tiles damaged by flooding and my farms are pillaged despite having the great bath in the city. The faith gain on tiles part however, works on all the rivers flooding in cities in question. (So each flood you see an increase in faith even on the pillaged tiles)

Either that or I'm confused about how this thing works... does it have to be exactly the same location as a dam (means that it does not protect the tiles upstream from it or does it actually protect the whole city despite its location?)

My tiles in Istanbul weren't damaged and I got reduced tile enhancements... from what the description says, all flood plains on that river in question do not flood but only those in its city get faith bonuses...

The Great Bath doesn't prevent floods, it just prevents damage to tiles and adds faith on those tiles. You can still lose city population and receive damage to the city center (if I recall correctly) and units.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's buggy or inconsistent on a second river.

I suspect the issue is that it has to be placed on a floodplain shared by the two rivers, not just on a tile next to the two rivers.

Though it is next to the Kizilirmak river, it does not look like it is on the floodplain of it (where the flood occured). Thus it should not affect it.

It is probably very rare to have both rivers share a floodplain that the great bath could overlap on.

I suspect the issue is that it has to be placed on a floodplain shared by the two rivers, not just on a tile next to the two rivers.

Though it is next to the Kizilirmak river, it does not look like it is on the floodplain of it (where the flood occured). Thus it should not affect it.

It is probably very rare to have both rivers share a floodplain that the great bath could overlap on.

Ahhh, yes... this probably makes sense... thanks for making that point...

Top Bottom