1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

great job guys - two disk 1's, no disk 2.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Sovietof17, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Gam

Gam Chieftain

The same issue existed with Pirates!

2. gecko46

gecko46 Chieftain

Yes, hello. I hate to be a Johnny-come-lately, but I've just had the same problem. I got my copy from a circuit city-owned ebay store, and in the fine print it says that the game is sold "as is", so they're unlikely to give a refund. Does anyone know if the developer has any sort of refund for this?

3. enchanter100

enchanter100 Warlord

Take it back to the store. They will trade it for the same game, just not give money back.

4. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

Actually, I got warlords (in America) and it came in a foriegn language. I called up the developers, demanded I be sent a new copy (which they did.) Then jsut for kicks and giggles, I went to the store I bought it at, and made such a fuss about how displeased I was, and that I was so sickened about it I didnt want the game anymore. They accepted the French copy (which Firaxis never asked be shipped back) and the store refunded my money. So I basically got warlords for free

5. Chode

Chode Warlord

Way to rip them off. Hats off, douchebag.

6. MrCynical

MrCynical Deity

@ice2k4: I see you're really proud of being a thief, since you have essentially stolen the game. Considering this is no better than pirating the game, isn't this an offense against the forum rules? I really hope so.

Oh, and your sig is too long, but that's a rather minor issue by comparison.

7. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

And $40 for the game wasnt a rip off either? (although I'm not here to debate that.)

Well, mistakes should cost corporations (although I don't think losing $40 will put them into bankruptcy.) Even though it may be no better then pirating the game, it isn't pirating. Therefore it doesn't break the forum rules. And yes you are right, my sig seems to be a line too long. Sorry about that, changing it now.

8. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

There actually were instances where some people got either the French language version of the game, or the French language version of the tech tree. (More common in the northeast, where icek2k4 is from - it's possible he got a copy meant to be bound for Toronto, not NYC.) It's not piracy, but a mixup at the factory in a few select shipments.

Oh, and one more thing.

Moderator Action: Let the moderators handle warnings and such. Warned.