Great Merchant. Join city or trade route ?

I don't see where Sid's provides food in the Civfanatics Civilopedia

Wow. That's a pretty big error in that link. It shows Sid's Sushi as providing +2 :culture: per resource consumed, which is nice, but the real bonus is the + 0.5 :food: per resource consumed.

And as noted, on many if not most maps, you'll get a lot more of the Sushi resources than you will Cereal resources.

If I'm generating more merchants, I'll settle the first and use a latter one for a corporation. Otherwise, I might have to sit on an unused great person for a a few turns to make sure I can found a food corporation.

I rarely do trade missions--if you do the math, you generally get more money throughout the game if you settle, and the extra food is nothing to sneeze at. The only time you would need a trade mission is when you are in dire straights for cash. And this isn't "I want a new sweater that has an in-season style" dire straights, but a "Holy s&^#! I need to pay my electric bill so I can play Civ4" kind of dire straights. :)

Golden Age, Put them on sleep and wait to discover cereal mills corp., Join city. I never tried the trade route one.

If I'm generating more merchants, I'll settle the first and use a latter one for a corporation. Otherwise, I might have to sit on an unused great person for a a few turns to make sure I can found a food corporation.

I rarely do trade missions--if you do the math, you generally get more money throughout the game if you settle, and the extra food is nothing to sneeze at. The only time you would need a trade mission is when you are in dire straights for cash. And this isn't "I want a new sweater that has an in-season style" dire straights, but a "Holy s&^#! I need to pay my electric bill so I can play Civ4" kind of dire straights. :)

Totally approve the message and the style! Made a real LOL!

I settle them in my future commerce city while I'm too far away from corporation tech.

Thanks for clearing up the Sid's Sushi dilemma, guys. I think we may have aided in correcting an error on Civfanatics ;) :goodjob:

Totally approve the message and the style! Made a real LOL!

I settle them in my future commerce city while I'm too far away from corporation tech.

I was going to make an economic-themed joke with mortgages and being responsible with budgeting your money, but then I remembered the name of this website. Tailor your jokes for the audience, they say. :)

Top Bottom