Great Person - Writer

Hector Achilles

Warlord
Okay, I have generated a couple Great Writers and I'm not sure what they have done for me? I had to place them in some district of some sort I believe and then a screen pops up and I have to move some books around? I don't get it. I think I accumulated some culture and tourism, but I'm not sure. I checked the in game Civlopedia, but it is pretty vague.

Is there anywhere I can be directed to read up on this Great Person type, or can someone explain their relevance and the page that pops up?

Thanks.

Great writers are earned mainly by building Theater Districts and building their associated buildings (amphitheaters, museums, and broadcast centers). When you active a great writer you place a great work of writing into a building that has a slot for one (amphitheaters, the palace, some wonders). They earn you tourism and culture over time. You can see which great works you have, where they are, and move them around to buildings that have open slots by opening the great works screen.

The wiki that AmazonQueen linked will explain everything in detail.

Great Writers produce two great works of Writing that can be slotted into Amphitheatre buildings in your Theatre Square districts. They can also go in your capital's Palace, and a select few Wonders.

Their main benefit is they provide Culture, which helps you advance through the Civics Tree. Their Tourism output will also help if you want to win a Cultural Victory.

There is no real benefit to moving your Writing from one city to another, unless you want to stop an invading army from stealing it, or you're playing as Eleanor (in which case great works help to reduce the Loyalty of nearby foreign cities).

Great Writers produce two great works of Writing that can be slotted into Amphitheatre buildings in your Theatre Square districts. They can also go in your capital's Palace, and a select few Wonders.

Their main benefit is they provide Culture, which helps you advance through the Civics Tree. Their Tourism output will also help if you want to win a Cultural Victory.

There is no real benefit to moving your Writing from one city to another, unless you want to stop an invading army from stealing it, or you're playing as Eleanor (in which case great works help to reduce the Loyalty of nearby foreign cities).

Well, the extra culture can help that city's borders expand, so putting great works in your newer cities is a bit more helpful.

Top Bottom