Greatest Earth Map in the History of Civilization

Sorry both are me.
dvandyke is an old username I thought was dead. I logged into it by mistake.

Hi, I'm very interested in playing this mod.

What do I search under the Mods section within the game? I searched the "Greatest Earth Map in the History of Civilization" and couldn't find it.

Also, does it work with Brave New World?

Thanks.

Hi, I'm very interested in playing this mod.

What do I search under the Mods section within the game? I searched the "Greatest Earth Map in the History of Civilization" and couldn't find it.

Also, does it work with Brave New World?

Thanks.

Hi there,
it isn't a mod , it is single "good" map

you have to copy it into your MAP Directory and could choose it for
ANY SP or MP (if other persons also have copied it to their map Directory) game.

COPY it here ... instead of ? , use your Directory names ! (Could be even more directories)
?:\?\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Maps

ANS YES IT WORKS WITH BNW ! (MP and SP)

Hi there,
it isn't a mod , it is single "good" map

you have to copy it into your MAP Directory and could choose it for
ANY SP or MP (if other persons also have copied it to their map Directory) game.

COPY it here ... instead of ? , use your Directory names ! (Could be even more directories)
?:\?\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Maps

ANS YES IT WORKS WITH BNW ! (MP and SP)

Gah I'm a noob and have no idea what any of that means, let alone what directories are. :blush:

Is it possible to put a Civ's capital or a city state to make the Suez canal and the Panama Canal?

Agreed. I used In-game Editor to do that but it'd be much better this way. The only problem is you can take adv of those canals long before modern era... meaning it would not be historically accurate.

any chance you could update the opening post screenshot to include the new starting positions & resource placements?

Agreed. I used In-game Editor to do that but it'd be much better this way. The only problem is you can take adv of those canals long before modern era... meaning it would not be historically accurate.

I don't think you can move through city states cities, not sure about allies either.

Better to have a water tile with a city nearby that controls the border. Land transport becomes a bit slower though.

Also the resources aren't really allocated ideally - eg. No iron in the whole Middle East. To the west of Iran.

Brave New World Version released today.

It does not include any New World Civs.
They have been replaced with Portugal, Venice, Indonesia and Zulu.

The new world Civs particularly Iroquois and Inca tended to grow into giant monsters and left little room for European expansion into the new world.
I feel this is the best balanced version to date.

Feedback always welcome.
I added the Panama City State as recommended.
Suez is now a very attractive spot and should be settled the AI more often.

The new world Civs particularly Iroquois and Inca tended to grow into giant monsters and left little room for European expansion into the new world.

Feedback always welcome.
There's no way you can play them? I mean I've been looking forward to this maps but I almost exclusively play Native American civs.

Sorry, I had to make some hard choices.
I suggest you download the map and then edit it the playable nations yourself with the world builder. Its not difficult to do.

Great map! If you were to expand it to huge or even better, giant, I'd play it forever. This projection would actually let Europe have a meaningful number of cities which I haven't seen so far.

Great map. Have a blast playing as Japan. Really tough island, but made me expand into the islands below.

I wish USA was one of the avalible CIVS. I think a lot of world maps skip it for some reason.

I wish USA was one of the avalible CIVS. I think a lot of world maps skip it for some reason.

Well, I think thre are few reasons:
1) USA is one of the most disliked nations in this game :p many people find it simply boring or weak - look into 2)
2) USA has, uhm, controversial unique ability and we still have discussions whether it is useless or not :p
3) Washington is one of the most disliked AI leaders ;)
4) My theory - people find USA kinda "breaks immersion" on TSL maps when it starts in 4000BC near of American Natives, and in the same time in Europe exists England :p

For me USA is the most boring civilization in the entire game, giving both gameplay and cultural reasons (I mean, men, because of TV and Internet I know USA almost as good as my own country :p For me America completely lacks this cool exotic feeling in this game...)

Feedback always welcome.

Hi dvandyke. Excellent work alltogether! Thx for a great map. :goodjob:

Q1: With Portugal and venice, won't europe get to crowded?
Q2: is there any other differens between the 2 versions than which civs are present?

And a small suggestion: could you consider applying 2 coastal tiles instead of just 1 around the main landmasses. This helps early sailing and exploring a lot. Seen it in LEM which is also great but to big imo.
Edit: never mind this. Did some editing myself, was easy and worked fine

Top Bottom