Groan- Rigging Elctions

Convict

Warlord
14 times in a row Greece managed to rig the election in a CS.

The same CS I failed in the second attempt.

I know mathametically it is no big deal, but I had an 85% chance of winning.

*sigh*

What rank of spy do you use. I believe that a higher rank spy has a greater chance to successfully rig an election. There is also a Freedom policy that increases the chance to rig an election.

This could be the cause of your trouble.

I had a top ranked spy. I was playing freedom but hadn't adopted that particular ideology.

85% is the max possible COUP chance, NOT rigging.

Rigging is automatic if you are the only one with a spy present but only takes place when city states vote (every 16 or so turns.)
But if anyone else has a spy present, the highest effective spy rank wins (sufficient tourism over the ally of that city state can give a bonus and in addition, a Freedom tenet gives one.) If they have the same effective spy rank, whoever has been there longest normally wins.

Moderator Action: Prefix changed from G&K to BNW as OP referenced ideologies

From personal experience, I don't recommend that you try to coup a civilization because even at 85%, your civilization will get spit on and killed by the city state that already has an alliance with another civilization.

Thanks for the change JoncNunn. Yeah- I meant coup, not rigging. I had rigged the election, coup had an 85% chance and I blew it.

rigging elections is once every 15 turns.
it checks all the spies in the CS, and sorts by spy rank. I don't believe the effectiveness boost from tourism is used from the spy because you aren't putting it in an AI city.
if there are spies of the same rank, then the longest one rigging elections wins.

usually I like to coup one turn before elections, and when I pull off the rigged election, it becomes much harder for the AI to coup back. as far as the coup is concerned, I believe when its successful, your influence and the previous ally's influence are exchanged, but I'm not certain about that.

it checks all the spies in the CS, and sorts by spy rank. I don't believe the effectiveness boost is used from the spy because you aren't putting it in an AI city.
if there are spies of the same rank, then the longest one rigging elections wins.

usually I like to coup one turn before elections, and when I pull off the rigged election, it becomes much harder for the AI to coup back. as far as the coup is concerned, I believe when its successful, your influence and the previous ally's influence are exchanged, but I'm not certain about that.

Rigging elections are really done more often by spies when their rank is higher i believe that's how it works at least.

it checks all the spies in the CS, and sorts by spy rank. I don't believe the effectiveness boost from tourism is used from the spy because you aren't putting it in an AI city.

I think that's how it works, yes. If Greece is allied with 210 and you have 170, coup just switches you to 210 and Greece to 170

Top Bottom