[GS] [1.0.0.341] Alcazar and City Park

Troy Bruckner

Prince
I had these two tile improvements alternating in a ring around Eyeyafallajokul (sp), but when it erupted I was unable to place new Alcazars or City Parks on the volcanic soil, I was able to repair the parks that were only pillaged by the eruption. I did not see anything in either improvements that says they can't be built on volcanic soil.

They give restrictions in their descriptions as in "can't be built adjacent to another Alcazar". I had 3 parks still on volcanic soil, but I had to repair them, but I could not place a new park.

They give restrictions in their descriptions as in "can't be built adjacent to another Alcazar".
Yeah, but that has nothing to do with placement on terrain/features. Are you saying that improvement descriptions should include every non valid terrain/feature? That's kind of overkill considering that all valid terrain/features are already listed on the right-hand side of the pedia page. This isn't a bug at all imo. Perhaps an oversight of coding for volcanic soil if anything.
I had 3 parks still on volcanic soil, but I had to repair them, but I could not place a new park.
That's a quirk of the coding. The game engine only checks terrain/features for placing new improvements only. Since they weren't destroyed, only damaged, they could still be repaired on an invalid feature.

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with placement on terrain/features. Are you saying that improvement descriptions should include every non valid terrain/feature? That's kind of overkill considering that all valid terrain/features are already listed on the right-hand side of the pedia page. This isn't a bug at all imo. Perhaps an oversight of coding for volcanic soil if anything.

I'm just saying volcanic soil shouldn't change what can be built since the said 2 improvements do not say anything about volcanic soil.

Top Bottom