1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GS No Mods

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by bitula, Jun 19, 2019.

1. bitula

bitula Chieftain

Really, OK, I'll check. But if I remove Keter we can go on I guess. Why you want to be removed? Btw, AFAIR you can just quit yourself by clicking the quit button inside the lobby.

2. Bulla

Bulla Chieftain

Have you not been following this discussion? Did you not read my rant above? I asked to be removed on Friday. This is Wednesday. You're the host. There's a ton of responsibility as a host. You need to be checking in on this game daily to make sure people aren't holding up the game. You need to check this site and read up on all the discussions in regards to the game. You're not holding up your end here and that's why I asked to be removed from this game. Yeah I can just quit, but I also wanted to show how communication for this game is seriously lacking. It takes you 4 days to post a reply and on top of that you didn't even read the entire conversation. SMH. Please remove me from this game. FYI, Keter made his move already.

3. bitula

bitula Chieftain

I did read everything. I have no Idea what you are talking about. Someone now quit and the game went on. It wasn't Keter. Was it you? If so why didn't you just make your move instead of quitting? Note, I did mention that in my games moving every day or every 2 days is not mandatory. This is Cloud game, it can go on until players are alive (physically exist on planet Earth). In case someone does not move within 3 weeks it is worth investigating the issue, as it happened from my side. I did mention that I did not know that current player is displayed in a hint. You did tell me, so now I know. Eg.: I could see yesterday that it is cowheads turn. I dont understand why you are bothered with the tempo of the game, you can play as many games as you want parallel and quitting or not moving because you don't like the style of comments on an internet forum is just plain nonsense.

4. Bulla

Bulla Chieftain

Then obviously you didn't read everything. I'm not going to play a game where two players are apparently going to have no internet service for two weeks in the cave they'll be in. I don't care if it takes a few days to make a move but weeks??? Hell no. That's being inconsiderate to the rest of us. I don't know how many more times I need to say this before you finally be a good host and listen. PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THIS GAME. For the sake of the rest of the players I sure hope he listens this time.

5. bitula

bitula Chieftain

I guess you just don’t recognize that you’re asking this for emotional reasons induced by reading these posts in this internet forum. They have nothing to do with the game, since I guess it doesn’t bother you that there is an entry in the “My PBC Games” tab that is mostly passive until it is your turn. Such a small entry, a single line can in no way bother a person the way it bothers you. This is good example when the fact of communication itself breaks a game, because people get upset, since they take things personal, which has nothing to do with the game.

6. Bulla

Bulla Chieftain

This is a good example of how a host can totally ruin a game. What the fudge dude? You still haven't removed me from the game?! Seriously, how many times do you have to be told before you finally do it? Such an idiot. REMOVE ME FROM THE GAME REMOVE ME FROM THE GAME REMOVE ME FROM THE GAME REMOVE ME FROM THE GAME REMOVE ME FROM THE GAME. Two options, do as you're told or post another useless reply and not listen so you can ruin the game for everyone else.

7. arieltal

arieltal Chieftain

hey @bitula, please remove bulla from the game, i feel it's kinda unfair that the AI who will replace him will be a prince level AI, that would be a gift to his nearest neighbor.. (who knows it might be me! :))
    anyways, another thought i had is opening a new game explicitly for people who can invest time (potentially a lot of time)
    in finishing a game, personally i also take meditation retreats at least once a year.. which means consecutive 12 days of
    no Civ for me. so while i understand the want to keep playing, i feel that cloud games are supposed to take a long time..
    and it's clear to me that because i will need that time off, i cannot expect others not to.

8. bitula

bitula Chieftain

Don't take it personally – take a big breath. Imagine I am a robot, who’s only purpose to operate a game. Please think logically. You are about to ruin the game simply by refusing to move. All that because of childish wish to be right about a personal issue on an internet forum. If I wouldn’t have posted about the game being blocked and whoever blocked the game makes his move meanwhile, even if it took a month, I am sure you would just have made your own move, since it is always better to play slow than to not play at all. There are also grown ups playing Civ, not only children. Grown ups usually will not sacrifice their private life for a game, this should be taken into account. I’ll remove you (probably tomorrow) if you are still not convinced and wont make your move, till then consider my statements above.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  9. bitula

bitula Chieftain

I actually wanted to, but I saw no Bulla in the list, and someone already quit, so I thought it was him. What is his user name in the game (Edit: OK, I see its Erdnase)? Yeah I also thought about opening a new private game (private just so cannot be joined without code posted on this forum). However lately I was thinking maybe we should wait for a patch, since the game is full of bugs ATM including ones which can break a cloud game (as it did happen with the 8 human game) - which I still cannot remove from my list... I still have many games going on in parallel, I'll post here when I'll create the game.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  10. Bulla

Bulla Chieftain

Ok, big breath is taken. A host's job is not just to operate the game. You need to be aware of all issues with players and be actively conscious of whose turn it is. I'm not refusing to move. I turned off notifications for this game when I asked to be removed from it a week ago. I honestly have no clue whose turn it is. You keep saying internet forum. This is our only platform for communication unless there's some other discord type place I was unaware of. I checked every day to see whose turn it was. If someone wasn't making a move for a while I'd be on here posting. No response or solution and I'd politely ask to be removed. I don't get the grown-up comment. I'm 37 yrs old with a family. I take commitments like this seriously. I don't want to be dragging people along for a year+ for a single game. I make time. So I have a little less tv time, big deal. Commitments come first. That my friend is what being a grown-up means. I've considered your statements. Now please don't waste any more time and remove me from this game. Thank you.

11. bitula

bitula Chieftain

Well if your problem is that I am not making an online Game a Center of my life, or not giving it a maximum priority, well I admit, that is true. But, your generalization of people based on your personal life is ridiculous. Such groundless statements: “So I have a little less tv time, big deal”. Are you serious? Can’t you imagine that not everyone is in the same circumstance as you are? Sure, I’ll remove you if you don’t move in a day or so, don’t worry. What’s your concern here, why are you pushing this? Are you some philanthropist caring for people in a game you don’t want to be part of for meta reasons? Imagine this game is an advanced AI written by FXS for your enjoyment. Replace people with “AI” which sometimes takes some weeks to make a move – and all your problems suddenly vanish.

12. Cowhead

Cowhead Chieftain

Okay I’m away now for 10 days. I will have internet access but won’t be able to take my PC with me, so no steam and no Civ. If you need to kick me that’s fine.

13. bitula

bitula Chieftain

No problem, we'll wait.

14. Cowhead

Cowhead Chieftain

Looks like you may need to kick me from the game bitula.
    Don't know what's happened with my cloud games.
    On Steam it says I have 3 turns waiting but no games appear when I load Civ up.
    I've tried refreshing the page, verifying the game files and even reinstalled Civ but nothing is working.
    I've put a bug report in but I have no idea if anything will get sorted any time soon.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  15. Swissy

Swissy Chieftain

Is it really worth continuing with just two humans remaining in the game?

16. Cowhead

Cowhead Chieftain

Just keeping you updated on this, 2K are looking in to this and have 'escalated my ticket to a higher authority for a review', whatever that means.

17. Cowhead

Cowhead Chieftain

Okay 2K have sorted it.

I just had to unlink my 2K account in game and restart Civ 6.

Taking my turns now.