Guam

Registrar

Chieftain
My first post in this thread. This game is something I have not seen in C3C. It is not a scenario covering years or or a march to Civilization covering millenia but a battle covering at most a few days. No builds, just fighting.

The scenario. It is early in the 'Great Pacific War' Pearl Harbor has not occurred. The Japanese have landed on Guam and the Americans are holding out in Agana. The mission of the Pacific Fleet is to land a relieving force of marines on the island. The mission of the Combined Fleet is to keep this from happening.

The game has been playtested and everything worked. The Japanese move first and the Americans second. Both sides have had their first move, a requirement to set up the game. So, start with Admiral Kimmel's save and you will go directly to Admiral Yamamoto's second move. The code names for the teams are Yamamoto for the Japanese and Kimmel for the Americans.

The most difficult part of the game was figuring out how to fire a cruise missel from a ship. I manged and it works. The 'torpedos' in the DD and SS are cruise missles Hint - perhaps someone with more skill than I possess might make a torpedo unit something like Wyrmshadows air dropped torpedo.

It should work - it did work but if any problems or questions please contact me through civfanatics. The necessiary files are attached in a compressed folder.

Couldn't upload anything. Why???. Don't know what the problem was/is. Will try again tomorrow.

Welcome here Registrar :) You should upload your files to a hosting site like Atomic Gamer or such and then post a link here (you can even put a link to the Downloads Database but it doesn't make much sense).

:bump: Use the file database, Registrar.

Thank you for your replies. It looks like the problem is file size. Will have to check out a hosting site.

As you are using the phrase, the "Great Pacific War", is the scenario based on the book of the same name by Hector Bywater, published in 1925? It is an interesting book, by the way.

Top Bottom