[GUIDE] Map scripts

A lot of people are talking about Continents++, but Pangaea++ is really fun too. I've been playing on Huge with High Seas and you get a nice blocky continent that gives all 12 civs about the right amount of space (not hard to get 4-5 cities); usually you only get 0-2 Progress civs per game but the AI seems very reluctant to go Progress lately.
Pangea ++ what adds to Pangea plus?

Pangea ++ what adds to Pangea plus?

It does the same thing as Continents++, takes away the City State scripting that makes them all spawn on the island chains.

It does the same thing as Continents++, takes away the City State scripting that makes them all spawn on the island chains.
Those sweet, cool islands are still there waiting for settle or they are totally gone too?
Btw from actuall communitas vp version islands are gone too? I cant find any in my game with sailing tech. I hope they are in the ocean. Without islands and some naval wars those maps are boring to play.

Those sweet, cool islands are still there waiting for settle or they are totally gone too?

It should have the same maps as Pangaea Plus, just without the CS weirdness. In my games I see big island chains in coast range with huts and barbs pretty often, they're similarly shaped to the Continents++ ones.

It should have the same maps as Pangaea Plus, just without the CS weirdness. In my games I see big island chains in coast range with huts and barbs pretty often, they're similarly shaped to the Continents++ ones.
should be interesting. I go test it right away. Thanks for info and for the map file!

Island chains are mostly in the ocean for Communitas. Most are 1-2 tiles but there could be some larger ones with CS.

I really like the Oval script from the standard game. It provides a very consistent game with mostly balanced starts, and plenty of action with your neighbours. It has very nice/interesting coastlines, with bays, snaky landforms on the edges, and some settleable islands (usually). The resource distribution seems very good and I feel that most pantheons are viable, except perhaps there is a lack of snow and desert. I'd say on standard there is usually a bit too much land, so I would add an extra civ/CS or use high sea levels. On small it's about right as it is.

Hello Guys.

Regarding communitas maps, one thing that bothers me is the huge number of mini islands. Imo there far to many 1 or 2 hexes islands
I`ve been trying to change some parameters at the .lua of communitas4 maps script, but so far without sucess =/. I tried changing:
mglobal.islePercentmglobal.islePercent to 0.00001,
mglobal.landMinScatter = 0.1
mglobal.landMaxScatter = 0.0001

Even changing these ones little isles keep spawning on my maps. Ideally I would like to have a map without small islands or the ones like Continent Plus (usually bigger) Could someone please help me pointing what line should I change to get this effect?

Hello Guys.

Regarding communitas maps, one thing that bothers me is the huge number of mini islands. Imo there far to many 1 or 2 hexes islands
I`ve been trying to change some parameters at the .lua of communitas4 maps script, but so far without sucess =/. I tried changing:

Even changing these ones little isles keep spawning on my maps. Ideally I would like to have a map without small islands or the ones like Continent Plus (usually bigger) Could someone please help me pointing what line should I change to get this effect?
This and the broken resource distribution is what prevent me from playing Communitas. I long for solutions.

I've been playing Oval lately and it's actually kind of boss, though that is on Huge which probably covers up some of its weaker aspects (there's more space for the shoreline to feel natural.) It's really great after one too many games being frustrated with stringy continents.

Hello Guys.

I can't stand those either, especially the ones that have a bonus resource on the single tile; such a waste, and often unrealistic (e.g. tiny plains island occupied by bison—how did they get there and how do they survive?). In fact, first thing I do after map generation is reveal the whole map and pop into in-game editor to fix things to my liking; primarily painting more land onto those islands and adding more lakes/rivers on the continents, sprinkling some extra resources here and there.. Kinda ruins the map exploration, but I'm really OCD about making my maps "perfect".

I guess this thread is not complete if I don't add my fork of Communitas:

Communitu_79

It's basically the same script with a few game changing features.
1. Land can reach the poles ice, blocking the poles passage.
2. A circumnavegable path is added, found near one of the arctic lines.
3. Forest patches can be found at any latitude.
4. Drastically reduced the amount of strategics. Some players may prefer to use the strategic start option to guarantee a few nearby horses.
5. Added cold deserts, like the Gobi.
6. More land for landlocked cities.
And many other features, gameplay oriented.

I gave it a try as Poland, and really liked how various terrains were being formed.

However, it felt like there was too few cattle resources like sheep, which is very disappointing for Poland, and strategic resources (which is configurable).
It's weird if so many civs are unable to deploy cavalry and sword units, which were historically common.

For this, maybe increase the number of strategic resources a bit but reduce the number available per tile (e.g. more 2 irons and 2 horses)?

Try Communitu_79a found on the page 4 of the map thread. Use default settings for rainfall and temperature since those still need some tweaking.

Top Bottom