1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gypsy Kings - pitboss session (closed game)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by Munro, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Conquistador 63

Conquistador 63 Deity

I just tried to connect via Hamachi but I'm getting timed out...

2. whiplash_CDC

whiplash_CDC King

I'm not running a Hamachi network.

I have just gotten multiple pitboss reports:

"player with different values should try to reconnect"

BTW, it's bad form to double-team the host.

3. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

Hmm ... what worm-hole accounts for this ??? :confused: :crazyeye:

dV

4. hellwitch

hellwitch Prince

the stats server is down.
    Can somebody pause the game(i.e. to play and repause) because i will be able to play after around 24 hours and the timer will finish till then. 10x.

5. Munro

Munro Deity

The server had crashed. I'm restarting it now...

6. Munro

Munro Deity

All up and running again. Let me know if you have any problems getting back in.

I've left the timer at 48 hours for now and there are currently 35+ hours on the clock with everyone still to play (except aj and me). Ronnie and oyzar - don't forget that everyone else is waiting on you! You should play during the next 13 hours if at all possible to leave everyone else a fair chance (24hours) to play after you.

If it's still not working then I'll increase the turn timer by an extra 24 hours, but please avoid pausing the game again unless absolutely necessary.. This may well have triggered the server crash since it prevents people from exiting to main menu in the normal way (and there are other pitboss games being hosted on this server).

7. adrianj

adrianj Deity

Yes, I disconnect the internet first to *hopefully* ensure I'm not taking down the pitboss server. It's all a mystery to me.

8. Munro

Munro Deity

dV - sorry, I forgot to highlight that you were the last to play (I guess you switched turn order with oyzar / ronnie or were you always before them?) so you'll need to replay your latest turn ... sorry :cry:

9. hellwitch

hellwitch Prince

Ok i will avoid Pause whenever is possible.

10. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

Was always before both of them, to my recollection, which seems to be out of sync now ...

Always good to avoid the straddle, so I would suggest I move before both of them this turn ... I don't forsee any double move issues at the moment, so unless I hear differently, that is my plan.

dV

11. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Deity

We have been playing between dv/c63 and tp/hw.....if we could play before or after both of them it might make it easier.

12. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

well, last turn you were before me, so maybe I wait for oyzar to go, then you will be ahead of us and hw/tp ... don't see much issue with moving C63 to after you guys next turn ...

I suspect a bit more dicey perhaps to try to change order in the west.

So unless I hear otherwise, I will wait for oyzar to move (and R1 too) before I move ...

dV

13. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Deity

Last turn I did go 1st because I didn't have any unit actions in the east....

14. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

R1, you realize that you double moved C63, which is how you got your HA to escape, (and confused the hell out of him reading my message about it).

Seems we need to reload at the start of 680 AD, and you need to let C63 retaliate for your strike before you move.

dV

15. Munro

Munro Deity

Yes, this is fairly straightforward. Ronnie played after C63 in 660AD and before him in 680AD. I've reloaded the save from the start of 680AD. Most of us need to replay our turns for 680AD.

Looking at the previous turn (660AD) it looks like the war turn order was:
    1. Ronnie
    2. C63
    3. Ronnie (2nd time)+ oyzar
    4. dV
    5. tp + hw
    Ronnie - you also played twice in turn 660AD (both before and after C63) which we need to avoid otherwise it gets confusing and introduces the risk of more (unintentional) double moves. Since you need to make sure you let C63 play first in 680AD anyway, the will give us the following turn order going forwards.
    1. C63
      [*] Ronnie + oyzar
      [*]dV & tp & hw

I'll keep an eye on this going forwards, but if there are any changes to this turn order - i.e. if you explicitly agree to swap turn order with someone you are at war with to make the turn order easier - please just let me know.

In the meantime, please try to be careful not to log in 'out of sequence' (even just to look around) until the other players before you in the turn sequence have finished their turn and logged out. This will just help reduce the need for any unintentional reloads! :)

The only reasonable exception would be if there are fewer than 22 hours remaining on the timer (24 hours real time) and you're in danger of missing your turn otherwise. Since we now have three 'bands' of turn players, I've added a couple of hours onto the timer (now 50 hours - about 56 hours real time) to try to prevent this from happening. But in practice, please keep an eye on your team mate and play his turn for him if required to try to avoid this.

Cheers,
    Munro

16. hellwitch

hellwitch Prince

Replay?

I'm not sure if i will be able to replay exactly as it was and it coould turn into unfair result for me or for R1.

But it looks like i dont have option. I'll do my best to be exaclty as the first time.

Is the random generator giving the same results as it is after reload in Single Player?

17. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

Hmm ... I should have said we need to discuss a reload ... since there may be reasons why a reload is more trouble, as hw indicated.

Even if the RNG does not reset, the introduction of a different turn order will change the R1 hw results, I would think.

I was hoping that C63 would change to moving after R1 a few turns ago, but as that did not happen, and now he is involved in combat, resolving that straddle is more difficult.

dV

18. Munro

Munro Deity

Good point about having to replay so much combat...

Maybe we should go back to the original save (with the double move still having taken place) and correct the double move by having Ronnie move the horse archer back into range of C63's troops instead, or having Ronnie just 'delete' the horse archer as though it had been killed in combat (if that was the likely outcome)? Is there an acceptable, feasible way of 'undoing' or otherwise making up for the double move that doesn't require a reload?

19. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Deity

I am sorry for the confusion....I thought we were told to play before dv/c63....

The HA would surely have died to the ele...and I would not have killed the cat either....

Just do what needs to be done....

On the situation where I played "before and after"...my time is really stretched right now, and I sometimes log in to do city management and other non-combat related activities....I am clear about the problems created by double moves and would not do that intentionally.

20. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

I think we could work something out ...

The effects of the double move, as I recall, is that he killed a cat and retreated his HA onto the galley.

Appropriate pennace would be for him to delete the HA Which our we would most likely kill) and one other unit on the galleys (in exchange for the cat destroyed that should be resurrected but can't be).

That is my suggestion ...

dV