Hall of Eternal Glory: Unit Concept Art by RedAlert

Argh! Yeah, the only problem for me will be which units I can't use! :cry:

Yeah, I know it's great having all these units. I really am getting to the point now where I have too many graphics for the slots I need for each civ -- even in the cold steel eras! -- so I'm having to not use certain graphics simply because I don't have any real use for them. It's odd being overwhelmed with flavour. It's like having placeholders in reverse! Sheesh... ;)
:lol: I never thought I'd see the day when there were just too many graphics to choose from!
This must be a sign of the coming of the end times! Everything is reversed! Nothing is the same! ;)

Well, it`s not a big problem to make all of the requested Carthaginian infantry units, they could be used for different time periods within the Iron Age. :)

I want you to know that I didn't mean for my post above to be at all critical of you or your work, Sandris (I know you probably don't think that, but I wanted to say this because I don't think I made it clear before). I just wanted to give Mithadan an honest and accurate answer to his question. I think you should always make whatever units you want to make, do as many or as few as you want to do, and be as generic or specific as you want to be. You're not under any obligation to create according to my vision, and I'm always very grateful for any Carthaginian units, no matter what they look like. :)

Again, I know you probably already know all that, but I wanted to say so anyway. :)

Update: I added two more Mississippians and another Carthaginian (the last for each for now). And a Toltec guy.

Edit: Oh yeah, 1700th Post! :woohoo::stupid:

Right on, I love your concept art!

Thanks! I really appreciate your interest. :)
I think I'll be taking on South America next. And maybe even a surprise or two from the Mediterranean.

I finally got around to updating this. Added civilizations: Chimu, Huari, Inca, Maya, Olmec.

The Incans and Mayans in particular I designed to compliment existing units:

Attachments

• MayaInca.PNG
    MayaInca.PNG
    56.9 KB · Views: 363
Thanks you guys!!

I don't really have plans for any more artwork yet (and I'm not even sure what I'll do next) but hopefully I'll keep expanding this in the future.

I've still got my fingers crossed for some of those Moundbuilder units! :)

Ancient Mediterranean

Carthage

Carthage was a city and empire located in North Africa, with colonies around the Mediterranean sea, notably in Sicily and Spain. Once the naval powerhouse of the western Mediterranean, it was the greatest rival of the Roman Republic and was subdued and destroyed by Rome after three devastating wars.

The armies of Carthage were very diverse ethnically, and were famously made up mainly of mercenaries. The soldiers below, however, are of Punic stock, and though not many, they are the core of Carthage's military.

I have divided the history of Carthage into three eras, and the units change to reflect the times:
The Early Period: From the founding of Carthage to the Sicilian Wars
The Middle Period: From the Sicilian Wars through the First Punic War and Mercenary War
The Late Period: From the Second Punic War to the destruction of Carthage.

Early Period Units
The early period saw mostly eastern influences in the arms and armour of Carthaginian soldiers.

Middle Period Units
With the middle period came strong Greek influences in Carthage, and in, among other things, their armies.

Late Period Units
During the Second Punic War, Carthaginian soldiers in Italy would replace their equipment with that off their fallen Roman foes, resulting in a very Romanized looking army.

Did somebody make this Carthaginians units?

From other posts I've seen, Vladi has already downloaded everything Sandris has made, he just wants MORE :D
Nice bump by the way, I didn't know this thread and find it very interesting.

Top Bottom