1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Have You Beat "Sid" Difficulty?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Tony Montana, Feb 20, 2005.

1. philclasses

philclasses Chieftain

doc is right about small vs. large map mostly. However, on small map your superior play will translate into victory more easily. That is, provided no AI gets too powerful too quickly, which it often does (I think that's what doc meant). Also at small you're more likely to attack successfully early (win) or be attacked early (lose). Hence small is a short game. You know soon if you'll win or lose. Large is probably easiest for me. However, I like huge b/c there's always some tough side in the other hemisphere that presents a challenge even very late. It's a long struggle.
    Doc's also right about EXP civs being lame in sid. AI eats up the vacant territory too fast. However, i just treat getting one as a bad draw, much as getting a bad map or bad starting square.
    Jopedamus, I'll see if I have one. I usually hit web at work during break or shortly after, but play civ at home, so nothing on this comp.
    Drakan, yeah I know, but it's an old habit. I write down all the info on that paper that might influence my decision as to where to attack but that isn't obvious from the map. Then I can easily look at map and paper together.

2. Drakan

Drakan Voluntas Omnia Vincit

3. Jopedamus I

Jopedamus I Immortality is reality

Philclasses, DocT or anyone who can beat sid, one question: Is it possible to do without building/capturing Great Library? And I mean with "normal" maps. Not any 80% water archipelago.

4. Zavior

Zavior Trying to (b)eat deity

Yes, I think it is. See SG forum, there is sid spac race going on, without building TGL.

5. Zelda's Man

Zelda's Man A Link to Something

Could someone put a link up to the SG forum thread that Zavior is referring to? I could not find it.

Thanks.

6. TimBentley

TimBentley Deity