Having trouble with one simple change in KMOD

BRICKMAN

Chieftain
I've been making my own mod for my friends and I to play Civ IV on, and everything has been working great... until I got to the CvGameCoreDLL. I've been trying to edit the maximum civs to allow up to 34 on game creation, and I found a simple line in which I decided to change from 18 to 34 in CvDefines.h
Code:
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS												(18) // note: default is 18, some people like 48. They are not compatible
I should be able to just change the 18 to 34 and be OK, right?
Well, I did that, but then I ran into another problem. I'm using a VERY modern computer with very modern software (Windows 10, Visual Studios 15), and I can't seem to find any posts with up to date information (Or I am just completely lost :confused:) on compiling a new DLL. Can someone help me and compile the new CvGameCoreDLL, or direct me to some place which can teach me how?

My current source files are attached.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    5.7 MB · Views: 58
As far as I know it has to be compiled using the old method with the old versions of the software to work. This is because it has to work with the proprietary exe that was created way back.

All the old versions just aren't compatible with my computer :undecide:

Is there anyone who has the proper programs who can help a fella out?

It would be nice if you could document the steps you had to take to make it work again.

I'm sure other people will run into the same problem.

Top Bottom