• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

He-man sucks, GI Joe rocks!

WS78

Chill moan!
I once had a He-man "action figure" and I was over the moon at the time. It was the one with the simulated damaged chest which you could flip. After a couple of years it offcourse broke and GI Joe cartoons came on the scene. By this time, I think I outgrown "action figures".
After all these years, I look back and feel silly that these dolls for boys aren't just called dolls instead of "action figures".

Any toy memories?

Now where did I leave that Optimus Prime?

He-man most certainly did not suck.

Star Wars figures of course. Gi- joe were pretty cool but there was heaps of immitation figurines that were pretty similar and passable.

My Mum never bought me He-man coz I guess they were too expensive. I also had a couple of WWF figures but they sucked because you couldn't move the arms and legs.

i also find he-man toys to be a little bit hedious. too out of proportional. i do have some star wars, masks, centurion, gi joes figurine thou.

The Last Conformist said:
Never had any action figures. I did have a ton of those 1:72 toy soldiers
Same here. I was born too early for action figures. What we kids played with then were plastic 1:35ish soldiers in all sorts of poses, plus of course tanks, jeeps and artillery pieces.

We had to decide on our own who's the good guys and who's the bad guys, as well as which toy soldier belongs to which army and which unit, what rank is this guy, etc.

Not like later kids and their action figures, whose roles are already defined by media and spoon-fed to them. :p

Ours were so generic we can assign them any nationality we want. :D

Toy soldiers kick ass. I had 15 mm ones and 35mm? Cheap and nasty plastic and I probably played with them more than my Transformers/GI Joe which were a bit of a had. 20 years since Transformers became popular:)

He-Man, "I have the power!" *thrusts pencil into the air* :yeah:

G.I. Joe, Mask...

Thundercats HOOOOooOOO! *thrusts pencil into the air* :yeah:

Star Wars, Zoids, Go-Bots...

Transformers, "Robots in disguise" [/end robotic voice effect]

Lets not forget; Hero Quest, Dungeon Bowl, and Warhammer :D

Btw, I still have a stack of Transformers back at my parent's place. I never threw them out. They are just sitting in a big box waiting for grandchildren... :rolleyes:

I had the biggest High Elf army in the known world (with Wood Elves as allies) and I abandoned them when I left university because I had nowhere to put them :sad:

There was something like 40,000 points if I remember right (but I do not actually remember - I just remember it being the biggest ever heard of). The prize of the army was a huge specially converted battle-standard bearer on a pegassus which I felt was tactically superior. Plus my miniature painting left the Heavy Metal team gaping is disbelief (in a good way). Although most rank & file models were not painte, it was a sight to behold, and my army remained undefeated in over four years of war... maybe I played that a wee bit too much :lol:

I also bought loads of Orcs & Chaos Dwarfs for my brother's army. He still has them but has stopped playing.

CurtSibling said:
I also have my Dark Elf and Undead Alliance stored for any future emergency!
Aargh! We really are arch-enemies :dubious:

Top Bottom