Hearts of Iron 2 - Noob Help

Elta

我不会把这种
Is there a limit to the number of projects you can start? (tech. research)

I start up Germany to see how many I can start and it's like 5

and with Mexico I only get one. Is there a way to raise it?

5, you get one slot for every 20 IC (factories) pluss one irregardless of IC (with 28 IC you will have two slots).

Build more IC.

PS: Note that it is base IC not effective IC that is counted.

5, you get one slot for every 20 IC (factories) pluss one irregardless of IC (with 28 IC you will have two slots).

Build more IC.

PS: Note that it is base IC not effective IC that is counted.

:goodjob: Thanks

Also, take into account that factories are expensive (IC/days). They are only worth the effort in the '36 campaign (and still...).

For example, a country like Argentina (which starts with 28 IC in 1936) can get to 40 IC and a third tech team by 1939-40. That's nice, but it also means you haven't produced anything else. You can also get the same 40 IC, by invading your neighbours. The only downside is a possible DOW by the USA. :D

Unfortunately as soon as you change even a single character, it spits out a different checksum and you can't play online...Had to reinstall the damned thing just to play a single multiplayer game. But yes, it is easy to mod, although if you make everything too cheap its much worse than cheating since the AI does not really use your modifications, so in essence, you're making the game easier for only yourself.

Unfortunately as soon as you change even a single character, it spits out a different checksum and you can't play online...Had to reinstall the damned thing just to play a single multiplayer game. But yes, it is easy to mod, although if you make everything too cheap its much worse than cheating since the AI does not really use your modifications, so in essence, you're making the game easier for only yourself.

I am just using it to change the politics of my country at the begging of the game - rather than year by year ;)

This game is so easy to mod :D

I like it. :goodjob:

It is quite easy. After having the game for only about a week and a half, I've already mastered flag making, and I'm getting close to figuring out how to make new countries.

By the way, if anyone wants a custom flag, just ask me and I can get you the shield, flag, and counter for it.

I am just using it to change the politics of my country at the begging of the game - rather than year by year ;)

It is easier to do that by cheat, you know.

It is quite easy. After having the game for only about a week and a half, I've already mastered flag making, and I'm getting close to figuring out how to make new countries.

By the way, if anyone wants a custom flag, just ask me and I can get you the shield, flag, and counter for it.

And a couple of examples of my flags

VICTORY IS MINE!

Screenies from one of my HoI games ( and yes ive posted these before...)

Spoiler :

I annexed Australia and the "You are victorious" message popped up

Africa

Europe

Asia

again, Asia

North America

South America

Australia and Pacifica
As you can see, I have a partisan province in Australia, but can anyone find the only other partisan province in the world? ( EDIT- Whoops, forgot that Juneau was also revolting)

Total Victory....

please tell me that was from a modded game cuz I don't think controlling the entire world in 1952 is very realistic...

It was a bit modded (5% reductions in cost on just about everything ), but otherwise, no, its was through sheer luck

I've added 11 new nations. Just don't have ministers/leaders/tech teams for them.

Although, I accidentally made England and Scotland the same colour. :ack:

please tell me that was from a modded game cuz I don't think controlling the entire world in 1952 is very realistic...

World Conquest can be done even earlier, if you start rampaging right at the beginning of the game. I'm pretty sure I've seen a garman World Conquest in 1940 @paradoxplaza.com. And vanilla HoI2 isn't very realistic anyway.

well, I did kill off poland in '37, so yeah, sounds like I went on an early rampage.

You like Civ (well, you are here!) - you like Hearts of Iron? Try Europa Universalis II. It's just the same, just based between 1419-1820. And if you know how to screw around with HoI2, it is just the same with EU2.

Yeah, I agree that vanilla HoI2 isn't very realistic. I had the USA allying with me in 1941 (as Germany) to help me finish off the USSR - which had the side effect of the USA overunning Canada, the Carribiean and New Zealand, then annexing them. Very strange.

Thats the point though. If it was historic, its replay value would be much, much less. This way you dont know what will happen! Plus if you want more realism...mod the AI.

Top Bottom