(help?) BTS AI :) (regarding finishing a mod)

yourmatthew999

Chieftain
Civ IV is the greatest game ever made!! ~ :D
(until civ v and beyond earth of course)
i LOVE it : )))

ok. i said that, to say this:

the only trouble part of my mod right now is that the civ/bts AI simply refuses to change its tactical ways to adopt to my new combat system :) lol
so, basically what i am saying is, ok asking, is, 'has my reworked system outsmarted the ai? is the ai
in that way 'limited'? :)
does anyone know of any way to get/trick the bts AI into breaking off from it's
trademark one-tile stack? : ) i've tried nuking it with every unit i know and still it insists on
remaining in a one tile stack and riding out the collateral damage. strangely enough, it managed to
beat me doing this on at least one occasion. i thought i read that there is a one-unit-to-a-tile limit in civ v?
whether its from being below the poverty level or what i don't know, but ironically i have not yet
gotten a copy of civ V. probably because i've been so stuck on civ iv and procrastinated putting it away
for a newer version i may never want to go back from.
the good news is, if the ai insists on this in my mod (if you ever play it), you can just slowly take it's tile stack army apart
with your ranged collateral units :) it just takes a while
(unless you're using, say, a german panzer against some archers and a warrior :))
that was question #1.

question #2:
cant remember hold on.
ah now i do okay
(besides a way to boost the xml default collateral damage)
how to insert a cool opening title screen for ones mod? :)
i don't have one yet.
thank you for your time kind sirs

You will have to change the DLL to make the AI behave in a more sophisticated way.

thank you, commander B. :)
yes i thought this.
just now, i did change the AI behaviour some :)
by using different AI's with different units (animal???? :) at least they move outwards, in their animal randomness :))
also, i am wondering if the unit AI is different in the cavemen to cosmos DLL

Top Bottom