Help finding out the seed

Juwarra

Chieftain
Can anyone somehow find out the map seed for that save game. Cant use Civ Assist, because it is a mod.. random map though. Thanks for any help

Attachments

• Lincoln of the Americans 5.SAV
    351.4 KB · Views: 53
Moderator Action: Moved from General Discussion to Creation & Customization.

sorry for posting it in the wrong place.. didn't know that asking for help with seed, should be in creation and customization. Anyway.. still hoping anyone can help me with that. This map seemed pretty cool, but i got some kind of error that is caused by save game on certain turn.. not by the mod itself.. so i thought, perhaps if i can start it from the start, it wouldn't crash anymore

CivAssist will work with modded games. I have been using it on my modded version of Test of Time in Play the World with no problems, and also on modded Conquest games.

CivAssist will work with modded games. I have been using it on my modded version of Test of Time in Play the World with no problems, and also on modded Conquest games.
well.. for some reason it didn't work on my save. perhaps it is then because i used save game modifier from multitool?! Anyway, i have read from somewhere that it is somehow possible to read the save file and get a seed from that.. is it true?

You should be able to get it. Load the save. In-game go to the menu button to quit, but choose play another game instead. On the main title screen choose play last world. On the next screen the seed number should be on the top right.

Wuhjah, no i had already generated another map after that game, so it gives just the seed for that last map. Im asking, is there a way to open save file with notepad or some other program and instead of some encoded symbols to actually get proper information?

Nope.. tried it, doesn't work like this.. even if i load the old save, save it again, quit the game and start it up, it still gives the last started new game's seed if i choose play the last world. I give up.. i guess there is plenty of other nice random maps to get

Last edited:
Nope.. tried it, doesn't work like this.. even if i load the old save, save it again, quit the game and start it up, it still gives the last started new game's seed if i choose play the last world. I give up.. i guess there is plenty of other nice random maps to get
I guess you a right.

The seed is stored in the conquests.ini file which is read of course when you start the game. It stores the last map generated when starting a new game, and since you are not starting a new game when you start with a saved file, you are out of luck.

Top Bottom