Help! Load Failed?

MaxAstro

Spiral Knight
Just ran into this problem playing with RogueThunder using my personal mod of FF. We've had OoS issues before (who hasn't?) but have always been able to load past them. However, all of a sudden whenever I try to load a multiplayer game, it crashes with the error "Load Failed - Failed to uncompress game data".

RogueThunder does not get this problem, and can load the exact same save file just fine. Also, I can still seem to load single player saves just fine. The problem goes away if we switch to vanilla fall further; however, that doesn't explain why I get the problem and Rogue doesn't, since we are using identical copies of my mod.

Any of you helpful forumites out there have any idea what could be going wrong? I really want to get this working again, we both had absolutely beautiful starts this game. XD (Silk, Wine, Rice, Cow, and Yggdrasil on a slightly hilly grassland-river start is pure heaven for the Archos :p )

Update: Well, I never did figure out what was wrong, but I did fix it. I overwrote my mod folder with the base FF folder, and then reinstalled my mod onto that from an archive. After that, it worked fine. All I can guess is that somehow a file got altered on my side that was not preventing the game from being played multiplayer, but was causing a crash when you tried to load a save and the file turned out to be different/not there.

The strange part is, it must have been a file not in the XML, python, or art directories, and those are the only three directories I ever touch...

Anyway, maybe this little learning experience will be useful to someone else who runs into a similar problem. XD

Top Bottom