Help Loading Scenerio

chipbuffalo

Chieftain
Hello, and thanks in advance. I created a scenario with the SDK kit and can not figure out how to load it in Civ 5.

Strange enough, it looks like the map loaded...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CB

It has to be in Mods, the Mod has to be Enabled, then you have to Enable Scenario.

Sorry - still don't get it. I made a map and a scenario. Then what? Tried moving the scenario file (it's a .Civ5Map file, right?) to c:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS. It doesn't show when I start Civ and go to mods.

\Skokdim

The "Load Scenario" button will appear on the Set Up screen once you have selected a map that has a scenario attached to it. I believe that all mods which the scenario requires must be enabled for that to happen.

The button appears in an odd place... IN the map description on the list of selected items. That is under the leader and above the map size if I recall.

Mine crashes to desktop, and I'm presently searching the board for threads where that issue is dealt with; probably I missed putting something on the map that needs to be there.

Sorry - still don't get it. I made a map and a scenario. Then what? Tried moving the scenario file (it's a .Civ5Map file, right?) to c:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS. It doesn't show when I start Civ and go to mods.

\Skokdim

sounds like you only made a map if you only have a .civ5map file.

In that case you would only want to put it in the Maps folder, not the mods folder.

However, if you want to share your map on the mod hub, you will basically have to package it up as a mod, and build it, it will automatically place the correct files in the MODS folder if you do that successfully. you will still have to do other things, but it sounds like you haven't read the tutorial, so I'll stop here. Try the tutorials and reference section.

Top Bottom