[GS] (Help Needed): Playing Custom Maps that Flood

Master_Chaz

Chieftain
Over the past several months many non-modders (like myself) have searched and attempted in vain for a simple/easy-to-comprehend solution to playing our custom maps with all the new Gathering Storm features. Personally, I created a map from R&F, converted it to GS and successfully placed all the new features I wanted (Natural Wonders, Volcanoes, etc) with no difficulty, all behave properly. Except rivers, which don't receive ID's or flood.
My attempts to use YnABMC succeeded in getting river ID's and flooding, however it failed in that I could not get starting locations to stick, I did not know how to properly assign city-state locations, strategic resources automatically generated themselves, and goody huts spawned despite any attempts to remove them, not to mention there are no clear rules/guidelines regarding floodplain tiles.
Other solutions that have been floated to me in my attempts to understand just what I'm doing include: converting my map into a .lua file (which I have a frustrating time comprehending), or using other mod's model's of map conversion. I even reached out to 2K support.
I feel its necessary to disclose at this point that the custom map I'm trying to convert is NOT a Earth Map. So many of the "solutions" presented almost exclusively deal with Earth Maps (or at least that's my impression).
I love Civilization, its one of my favorite games. For years I've created my own maps and played massive 50-civ hotseat multiplayer games where I play every civilization, that's why I really want to get to the bottom of this. I don't really play the game any other way, unless I can wrangle a few friends together and just play online. So I'm reaching the point where I'm literally willing to Venmo someone money just to fix my map, since its literally the only way I play the game.
If you have a solution, I'd love your help
If you're a modder and you want some cash, I'd love your help
But more importantly there are a LOT of other non-modders like me out here (see: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=876864462&searchtext=custom+maps)
and we'd all like some help.
I hope someone from Firaxis see's this because I love this game, and I love to simulate the history of the worlds in my head, Civilization is the only game that allows me to do so in the way that I like. If I had more time, I'd go take some C++ course or something w/e (I wouldn't even know where to start), but as that is unlikely I'm going to put some faith in the forums.

Top Bottom