Help - new to WoC.

Deleting the symbols folder as described in another post works fine. If any testing of a permanent fix for the issue is needed please feel free to make use of my ATI card.

I'm having an problem with it loading too...I'm at over 12 minutes and the mod still hasn't loaded.
Last night, it took about 10 minutes.

When I pull up the task manager, it shows it's running but it's taking up 0% of the CPU.

I even tried loading a saved game from last night and it's still not loading.

I have a Pentium 2 with 128 Mb of Ram-just kidding lol

I have a Core 2 4300 with 2 gig of Ram.

I can usually run Civ 4 until the final turns with 36 civ playing and considering it's not taking up ANY of my computer resources, would this be a memory problem?

I'm going to upgrade to 4 Gig soon anyway but this doesn't seem like a memory problem since it's not loading anymore.

Are you running Vista 64 bit? Windows XP and regular Vista will only use 3.5 gb. I currently have 4gb in both of my home built rigs. Another thing to try, is in the loading phase turn off any apps/programs running in the background.

Are you running Vista 64 bit? Windows XP and regular Vista will only use 3.5 gb. I currently have 4gb in both of my home built rigs. Another thing to try, is in the loading phase turn off any apps/programs running in the background.

I'm running Vista 32 Bit. I did upgrade to 4 gig, knowing that Windows would only recognize about 3.5 but I'm having an issue with the computer refusing to boot up with 4 gigs installed.

Although my motherboard can handle 8 gig, apparently anything more than 3 slots used causes issues.

Still can't load WoC though.

TRy clearing the cache, you can do this 2 ways easiest way is to just run regular bts for a couple turns, then delete woc and do a fresh install. What is your location for the mod mine is C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods, is yours the same?

Yes, the same. Now, funny thing tonight. It loaded after 11 minutes-which I understand-maybe it was the extra gig of memory. If I could only get another gig :(

Anyway, it loaded up but not all the leaders are there. Isn't Reagan and Bush supposed to be in it or am I confusing mods again?

no we dont have reagon or bush in this mod, its not a bad idea though. glad you got it up and running. Great. We do have alot more not released, and the idea behind the woc is that you can make your own mod by turning off/on mods in the various mlf's

Now the problem is happening again. I can't even load up an old game.

I'm going to try rebooting to see if that fixes it.

If so, other than constantly running BtS and reinstalling the mod, any suggestions?

If it helps, after a reboot or playing a few rounds of BtS, the mod does the same thing.

It will get me to a loading screen after 4 minutes. In that time, my process manager is showing Civ4 taking about 50% of my computer's resources.

Then, when it gets to Init XML (uncashed), it's still taking ~118k of memory but the CPU usage is zero.
After about 10 minutes of this, I get the "Civilization 4 has stopped working" message.

I hope this helps.

If you need more information on my set up, just ask.

For the most part, I've had no trouble with using mods "as is." The only trouble I had was adjusting mods and usually it just didn't work but the game still played.

Top Bottom