1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Playing a Custom Map

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Liquidraine, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Liquidraine

Liquidraine Chieftain

Hi guys, i am really frustrated with this whole Civ VI map creation thing.

Basically i have enabled the world builder and i have made a map with it just for testing.

I have used the guide here (the post by LeeS) (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-do-you-play-maps-made-with-worldbuilder.613324/) to the letter and still all that happens is it loads a preset map that is tiny.

I have saved my map and replaced it in the folder and changed its name to match his.

I then do the following:-

- Load the game
    - Mod is enabled
    - Single Player
    - Create Game
    - Ruleset TrajanHugeMap
    - Advanced Setup
    - Game Speed Marathon

This is where i then run into a stumbling block. Basically if the ruleset is set and the map chosen why does it then allow me to choose the map size? No matter what size i choose i get a totally wrong map and not the one i created. Resources are selectable as well rather than the ones i have set. I have left starting positions as standard but all it does is load a tiny map with everyone literally on top of each other.

On the map itself i made sure that the human player 1 is set to start in a specific area but not a predefined civilization. All other spots are random AI.

I just do not get what it is i am doing wrong and why it won't load. It is really frustrating especially as i enjoyed making worlds with Civ 2 and this is my first Civ game since those days but this is just awful. Why is it so poorly supported by Firaxis?

Game version is Rise & Fall not sure if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.