Help Playing a Custom Map

Liquidraine

Chieftain
Hi guys, i am really frustrated with this whole Civ VI map creation thing.

Basically i have enabled the world builder and i have made a map with it just for testing.

I have used the guide here (the post by LeeS) (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-do-you-play-maps-made-with-worldbuilder.613324/) to the letter and still all that happens is it loads a preset map that is tiny.

I have saved my map and replaced it in the folder and changed its name to match his.

I then do the following:-

- Load the game
- Mod is enabled
- Single Player
- Create Game
- Ruleset TrajanHugeMap
- Advanced Setup
- Game Speed Marathon

This is where i then run into a stumbling block. Basically if the ruleset is set and the map chosen why does it then allow me to choose the map size? No matter what size i choose i get a totally wrong map and not the one i created. Resources are selectable as well rather than the ones i have set. I have left starting positions as standard but all it does is load a tiny map with everyone literally on top of each other.

On the map itself i made sure that the human player 1 is set to start in a specific area but not a predefined civilization. All other spots are random AI.

I just do not get what it is i am doing wrong and why it won't load. It is really frustrating especially as i enjoyed making worlds with Civ 2 and this is my first Civ game since those days but this is just awful. Why is it so poorly supported by Firaxis?

Game version is Rise & Fall not sure if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom