[HELP] (requires "tech") - Can't find text

Allinuse

Chieftain
Not really sure what to call this thread, but this is an issue that occurs when I hover over a resource that I still don't have the tech to work. The reason is that I've done some changes, I've enabled camps from Archery and Quarries from mining. That works fine, except the red text "(requires masonry)" will still be there until I have researched masonry, even as I am building the quarries. I kept searching for "requires masonry" and filename "text" but couldn't find what I was looking for. Then I noticed that after I had changed the tech name for Trapping to Trading and hovered over furs it said "(requires trading)". Beats me how this happens...
I tried to search "BUILD_CAMP" with "text" as filename but that didn't help me either.

I'm also lost for words as to what I should search for with Ransack on this one.

The tooltips are auto generated from file PlotMouseOverInclude.lua, which references these TXT_KEYS and inserts the proper additional information based on the required technology:
Code:
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_PLOTROLL_REQUIRES_TECH_TO_USE">
			<Text>[COLOR_WARNING_TEXT](Requires {@1_TechName} to use)[ENDCOLOR] </Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_PLOTROLL_REQUIRES_TECH">
			<Text>[COLOR_WARNING_TEXT](Requires {@1_TechName})[ENDCOLOR] </Text>
		</Row>
It pulls the info for the tech required name from the <TechCityTrade> column in table Resources rather than anything in the <Builds> or <Improvements> tables, from what I can tell.

RESOURCE_MARBLE and RESOURCE_STONE both have
Code:
<TechCityTrade>TECH_MASONRY</TechCityTrade>
which matches to the base game's original prerequisite tech for the Quarry improvement.

Thanks a lot. I had not even thought about looking for tech in resources. Quite new to Civ so I end up asking a lot of questions on the forums, nice to see that it has a really helpful modding community.

Top Bottom