Help with modding

PhoenixFireeye

Chieftain
I'm new to modding civ 4, and I need help. I want to make a civilization that thrives in jungle, so for them jungle doesn't add unhealthiness or they have an improvement they can make on jungle terrain that adds healthiness (to counteract the unhealthiness). Is there a way to do this? If so, can someone point me to a tutorial for this, or explain it to me themselves?

I also read a few tutorials on editing the technologies, but none of them said how to set technologies to obsolete building/wonders, or how to set technologies to add extra food/production/commerce to improvements/building, or how to make resources appear on the map. Can someone give me a list of all the different tags for technologies and explain what the tags do? Thanks.

Moderator Action: Moved the thread. Please do not open threads for questions in the tutorials section. It is for complete tutorials only.

To answer your questions:
- Buildings are defined in Assets/XML/Buildings/CIV4BuildingInfos.xml, you can change their obsoletion techs there. It is not possible to change building yields by tech with XML.
- Improvements are defined in Assets/XML/Terrain/CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml, you can set how techs affect improvement yields there.
- It is possible to script resource spawns in Python, although the best way to do so depends on what you want the trigger to be.

I encourage you to give those files a look and copy existing examples to see how they work.

That is already the case in the base game.

I'm trying to fix a mod based on Tamriel (Elder Scrolls) that I can't seem to find online anymore (I was looking for an updated version), and I need to know how to restore this functionality because for some reason this mod is broken in this regard and it results in some religions never being founded.

Without knowing the mod, it is hard to say where it implemented this functionality. But it's likely that it's done in the DLL. You should try to find out if they commented their code and use that to find all the changes they made.

I also read a few tutorials on editing the technologies, but none of them said how to set technologies to obsolete building/wonders, or how to set technologies to add extra food/production/commerce to improvements/building, or how to make resources appear on the map. Can someone give me a list of all the different tags for technologies and explain what the tags do? Thanks.

The Modding Wiki has a ton of tutorials AND lists of what tags do. Here's the tags for techs.

Top Bottom