Help with Size Matters and merging

NooneLifes4ever

Chieftain
I've tried searching the forum for an explanation, but sadly, I really don't get it.
In my current game, I'm in ancient times, and my neighbor - a minor civ - has units with the 'size up'-upgrade. When splitting my units, I can get the 'size down'-upgrade, but I can't merge enough units to get the same upgrade as my neighbor. What am I doing wrong?

• Have three units of the same type on a tile, none of them in a group
  • Have all three of them healthy (no damage whatsoever)
  • Make sure that all three units are of the same quality. If you don't know what that means, they have the same quality
  • Select one of these units - now you should have a merge icon
You should always be able to merge once, but for any further merger you need to be one era further - two mergers are possible in Ancient, three in Classical, ...

Also, merged units heal slower, often a lot slower, You might need healers and perhaps vets (for cavalry units) or engineers (for artillery) on the same tile.

Edit: You can also only merge units of the same group size, so for a second merger, you need 9 original units, 27 for a third merger, ...

Thanks! The problem was, that I had grouped the units. This solved it - thanks a lot!

Reactions: tmv
Top Bottom