Help with small annoying problem...

Ticklemonster

Chieftain
I have been playing Civ3 for about a month and am running on Regent currently. I think I have much of the game figured out except...

On the foreign advisor screen, I can only talk to five of my rivals. When one is conquered, it merely disappears. In order to talk to the rest of my rivals, I have to park a ship outside their borders and manually contact them. This really sucks, am I missing something here?

not sure which version I have, It's the game of the year edition.

TIA:confused:

In Conquests theres a button in the advisor-screen.
In original Civ3 there is a shortcut to change the civ occupping one of the slots. something with shift or ctr or alt and mouseclick on one of the slots.
However, theres an easier way. Press "shift+D" in the normal game screen and you get an menu with all civs. Pick the one you want an talk.

also in the info box [lower right corner] there is a button with D on it, standing for diplomacy

I think you mean that you see a civ on the map but it doesn't show up on the foreign advisor screen. You do have to have contact with them before you can speak with them, either bycommunication from another civ or through the manual contact you described.

Top Bottom