Henin is sportwoman of the year.

philippe

FYI, I chase trains.
Tue 19/02/08 - The Belgian number one tennis player in the world is the first Belgian athlete to win the Laureus Award. Henin is the first tennis player to win 10 titles in a season since Martina Hingis did 10 years ago.
Roger Federer has won the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award, for the fourth straight time. Federer won his fifth straight Wimbledon title last season.

(Belga) The winners are selected by members of the Laureus Sports Academy. Other winners announced at Monday's ceremony included Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton for the World Breakthrough of the Year award and British marathon runner Paula Radcliffe for the World Comeback of the Year award.

Hamilton, 22, finished second in the F1 drivers' standings in his rookie season, while Radcliffe won the New York Marathon after two years away from competition following childbirth.

South Africa's rugby team won the World Team of the Year award after going unbeaten to win the 2007 Rugby World Cup.
http://www.flandersnews.be/cm/de.redactie.english/sports/080218_Henin_sportwomanYEAR

Deserved I think. And I even start to like her, while before I tought she was a bit of a *female dog*

Belgium wins one international sports prize, and you suddenly see 3 Belgians posting here :)

Dutch Esther Vergeer was the Sportsperson with a Disability of the Year by the way :p

Top Bottom